News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT: super immunity from COVID-19

Started by brownelvis54, December 17, 2021, 05:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: Slugs Narrows on December 22, 2021, 09:15:31 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/22/health/pfizer-covid-pill-fda-paxlovid.html

The Food and Drug Administration on Wednesday authorized the first pill for Covid-19, offering a highly effective defense against severe illness that will arrive as the country endures another major surge of the pandemic.

The drug, developed by Pfizer and known as Paxlovid, is authorized for Covid patients age 12 and over who are vulnerable to becoming severely ill because they are older or have medical conditions such as obesity or diabetes. Tens of millions of Americans
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

markdmd

One wonders about its efficacy against equine parasites  /sarcasm/

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 23, 2021, 07:14:10 AM

It will eventually be a welcome weapon in the arsonel.    It's going to be some time (months at least) before there is enough to make a big impact.    Plus it has to be taken within 5 days of infection which makes regular testing important in terms of getting the drug in time
If they can mass produce the vaccines as they did this should be no different.  The government should put all resources behind it to mass produce it.

If the information in this article is accurate this medication turns this pandemic around and the fear mongering in the news and from government can end! 

Which it should anyway seeing the survival rate is now higher (99%) then it was a year ago, but no one seems to focus on the survival rate, only the infection rate as that sounds scary and most of the time you don

MightyGiants

Quote from: Slugs Narrows on December 23, 2021, 08:26:09 AM
If they can mass produce the vaccines as they did this should be no different.  The government should put all resources behind it to mass produce it.

If the information in this article is accurate this medication turns this pandemic around and the fear mongering in the news and from government can end! 

Which it should anyway seeing the survival rate is now higher (99%) then it was a year ago, but no one seems to focus on the survival rate, only the infection rate as that sounds scary and most of the time you don
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kartanoman

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 23, 2021, 08:38:21 AM
Paul, there is no "fear mongering' but there is "ignorance mongering" which you, unfortunately, have been a frequent victim of (you should really reevaluate who you listen to).    Here is the reality:

Pfizer currently has 180,000 treatment courses available worldwide, with roughly 60,000 to 70,000 allocated to the U.S. Federal health officials are expected to ration early shipments to the hardest hit parts of the country. Pfizer said the small supply is due to the manufacturing time

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: kartanoman on December 23, 2021, 08:44:57 AM
Heterologous boosting, also known as "Mix and match," has been recommended by the CDC for the mRNA vaccines (i.e. Pfizer and Moderna). For example, I completed my first two vaccinations using Phizer and, last week, completed my booster using Moderna.

Below is a link which discusses heterologous boosting:

https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-care/public-health/covid-19-vaccine-boosters-mix-and-match-what-evidence-shows

Peace!
Thanks this is what I was talking about. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 23, 2021, 09:18:52 AM
Paul,

You are 100% wrong.  You have had a lot to say about Covid and 99.99% has been dangerously wrong.    The reason that you are so wrong is that instead of listening to medical/public health/scientific experts to learn about a disease (that you are not really fully able to understand due to no education or experience) you decided it was better to go listen to political propaganda.    In isolation what you are doing would be bad enough.   Unfortunately, you are far from the only one and as a result, over 800,000 Americans are now dead (with a sizeable percentage being needless deaths).   

I spent two decades of my life preparing for this epidemic.   Never in all those years did I dream that toxic political propaganda would become so powerful and pervasive that it would literally kill 100s of thousands of Americans.   Foolishly we spent those decades believing the overwhelming percent of the population would listen to experts over rumor and the unqualified.    THAT is the one thing we really got wrong

What is the survival rate currently in the USA?  What % of Americans are surviving after contracting covid?

MightyGiants

Quote from: Slugs Narrows on December 23, 2021, 09:23:11 AM
What is the survival rate currently in the USA?  What % of Americans are surviving after contracting covid?

I am sure the 1600+ victims and their families will take great comfort in your survival rate

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 23, 2021, 09:38:53 AM
I am sure the 1600+ victims and their families will take great comfort in your survival rate

Hmmm won

Ed Vette

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm

https://www.prb.org/usdata/indicator/deaths/chart/

"In 2020, approximately 3,358,814 deaths occurred in the United States (Table). The age-adjusted rate was 828.7 deaths per 100,000 population, an increase of 15.9% from 715.2 in 2019. The highest overall numbers of deaths occurred during the weeks ending April 11, 2020, (78,917) and December 26, 2020 (80,656) (Figure 1). Death rates were lowest among persons aged 5
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 23, 2021, 10:14:03 AM
Paul,

Who told you that survival rate is the most important (or even a significant) metric?   Was it a public health expert?  A scientist?   A doctor?     

To answer your question, I will cite John Hopkins

The COVID-19 situation continues to change, sometimes rapidly. Doctors and scientists are working to estimate the mortality rate of COVID-19. At present, it is thought to be substantially higher (possibly 10 times or more) than that of most strains of the flu.

or to put it in a way you might better understand

5,379,988 people have died of Covid

The World Health Organization estimates that 290,000 to 650,000 people die of flu-related causes every year worldwide.

So tell me again how Covid is no big deal and people trying to save lives are just "fear mongering" ::)
Again you love miss quoting people to make yourself sound high and