News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

End of OTAs?

Started by MightyGiants, Today at 10:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sem and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

T200

I would prefer a longer, mandatory training camp. This optional stuff is ridiculous. Either they want to work to build a cohesive unit or they don't.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: T200 on Today at 10:10:20 AMI would prefer a longer, mandatory training camp. This optional stuff is ridiculous. Either they want to work to build a cohesive unit or they don't.
For what these players sacrifice, with the greedy owners cap controlling while lengthening the season......the players should take every minute back that they can.

You want mandatory?! Let the owners and their shill (Goodell) open up the coffers, pay these players what they deserve and go back to a 16 game schedule.
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

MightyGiants

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on Today at 11:38:34 AMFor what these players sacrifice, with the greedy owners cap controlling while lengthening the season......the players should take every minute back that they can.

You want mandatory?! Let the owners and their shill (Goodell) open up the coffers, pay these players what they deserve and go back to a 16 game schedule.

Sadly, the pattern we have seen is the the owners are more than willing to sacrifice the quality of the product for more money.  That's why the owners traded away practice time for a bigger piece of the pie.   In the end, we have seen lower-quality games and a chronic shortage of offensive linemen due to the owners greed.

To the point of this post, the football season is already a long grind.  I think it's fool-hardy to eliminate the OTAs and lengthen the training camp.  I could see value in making OTAs mandatory, but not in what is being proposed.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

They won't be missed.