News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Waller still deciding

Started by MightyGiants, April 26, 2024, 12:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

At this point, I almost hope he comes back.  I would love to see how defense would handle the receiver corps and Waller

https://x.com/art_stapleton/status/1783898100236435885

Art Stapleton
@art_stapleton
Just spoke with Darren Waller a few minutes ago as he finished up an event here in New Jersey as the mental health ambassador for Hackensack Meridian Health.
Shared his story at the opening of the Carrier Clinic in Montgomery.

Waller said he has not finalized his decision regarding retirement, but was adamant that the decision has everything to do with whether he feels he can give 100 percent of himself to the team and the game.
I asked specifically if it has anything to do with the roster here or his experience last season. Waller insisted no. #NYGiants
12:37 PM · Apr 26, 2024
·
 Views
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21
Just caught up with Darren Waller. Still no decision on his future. Why is he taking so long to make a decision?

"It's just evaluating my overall commitment level. I don't feel like it's fair to my teammates, fair to the franchise, fair to people that support it to have somebody out there that isn't 100% committed to the entire journey from April to February,"

Waller said he's still training at the level necessary if he decides to play.

Waller participated in a roundtable today about his battle with addiction at Carrier Clinic, which is Hackensack Meridian Health's flagship behavioral health campus. It was really powerful to listen to Waller be so open about his personal journey.
12:15 PM · Apr 26, 2024
·
 Views
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

As a twice divorced guy, I can assure you that the following year is brutal and it's hard to concentrate on your career when dealing with it. I'd be quite surprised if he's been able to shake it off and return to the field, mentally prepared for battle. Might happen, but I'm leery  :-??
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

kartanoman

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 26, 2024, 12:49:01 PMDan Duggan
@DDuggan21
Just caught up with Darren Waller. Still no decision on his future. Why is he taking so long to make a decision?

"It's just evaluating my overall commitment level. I don't feel like it's fair to my teammates, fair to the franchise, fair to people that support it to have somebody out there that isn't 100% committed to the entire journey from April to February,"

Waller said he's still training at the level necessary if he decides to play.

Waller participated in a roundtable today about his battle with addiction at Carrier Clinic, which is Hackensack Meridian Health's flagship behavioral health campus. It was really powerful to listen to Waller be so open about his personal journey.
12:15 PM · Apr 26, 2024
·
 Views

I have all the respect in the world for this kid in that he is making a go at life with trying to be true to his own self and be humble enough to engage others who are struggling with issues he, himself, struggle with every day.

If you, a family member, or a friend have an addiction problem, if you love them, then it hurts you terribly to see them literally destroying themselves. It's often hard to separate that pain with the understanding they have a disease that they are fighting 24 hours a day, seven days a week for the remainder of their lives. Many of them do not see it that way and that makes the pain even greater because you feel the situation is hopeless and those bastards who bring that poison in, across our borders, are killing our fellow citizens with intent (NOTE: another story for another day). But the fact that Waller chose to get up and fight that battle, despite making choices that ended up going bad for him (i.e. marriages), he continues to get up and live to fight another day. I have nothing but respect and admiration for the person[/] he is.

Knowing his story, I am quite confident that the Mara and Tisch families, Joe Schoen, Brian Daboll and every player and staff member of the Giants want to see nothing more than for him to raise his hand and declare himself ready to play season 2024. I will say that I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers and, may whatever be the right direction for him on his life journey, his spirit will ensure he stays on the path destined for him and the lives of everyone he will impact throughout his life.

I wish him only the very best!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)