News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What Ryan Dunleavy has heard about the Giants' draft intentions

Started by MightyGiants, April 22, 2024, 10:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 24, 2024, 02:56:35 PMRich,

One thing I learned is to be true to my own convictions.   The reality is doing what you think will please your boss or others, will not protect you if things go south.   My feeling is if I am going to be called on the carpet for a decision, it will be one that I made based on my convictions.   I found being reamed out for a decision I didn't really agree with was a terrible experience.

That's well and good, but I place very little credence in factors in a "regular" job having much applicability in the high pressure world of professional sports and jobs for which there are only 32 openings in the entire country.  Just my opinion.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

Quote from: AZGiantFan on April 24, 2024, 03:34:42 PMhigh pressure world of professional sports

Two of my jobs literally risked people dying if I screwed up.  So when I hear about the "high pressure" entertainment industry jobs...
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Just_jimmy

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 24, 2024, 03:50:22 PMTwo of my jobs literally risked people dying if I screwed up.  So when I hear about the "high pressure" entertainment industry jobs...
Agreed. I walk that line everyday. Sports is a privilege.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 24, 2024, 03:50:22 PMTwo of my jobs literally risked people dying if I screwed up.  So when I hear about the "high pressure" entertainment industry jobs...

There are different kinds of pressure.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll