News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The price you pay for player who can catch a ball

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, April 24, 2024, 12:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Just read that the Lions gave WR Amon-Ra St. Brown a 4-yr/130 million dollar contract. Is this going to be the standard for upper level WRs??
Seems a little insane to me  :badidea:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Bob In PA

Jolly: IMO he's worth the money. Wish he were on the Giants. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

President Rick

it's all about the cap....pay the WR that kind of $$$ and some other player/group gets less.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

spiderblue43

I don't know..but Campbell has done a remarkable job in a few short years. And he's a team leader..big piece to Jared Goff's game.

Rosehill Jimmy

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

uconnjack8

Yes WR salaries will continue to go up.  I think that's why the Chiefs and Packers traded away all-pro guys a couple of years ago.

Jclayton92

Calvin Ridley after sitting out a year came back and just got 4yr 96 million with 46 guaranteed which is wild.

TONKA56

Quote from: spiderblue43 on April 24, 2024, 01:14:59 PMI don't know..but Campbell has done a remarkable job in a few short years. And he's a team leader..big piece to Jared Goff's game.

A guy I always wanted to have a shot as the Giants' HC.

Greg Roman is another one.

TDToomer

This is why I do not understand the complaints about Slayton's $6 million salary. He's getting paid 20% of the highest paid receivers but some fans want him cut to make our mediocre receiving corp even weaker.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs