News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Devito takes a stand

Started by killarich, May 22, 2024, 05:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

Quote from: sxdxca38 on Today at 12:25:25 PMOnce again I'm sure you're a nice person in real life, but let's think about this.

The reason why Tom Brady was able to start at QB was because Drew Bledsoe got injured. If Bledsoe never got injured, Brady never wpuld have played.

If BB had started a 6th rd pick in Brady over Bledsoe in 2001 he would have been fired.

The same applies to Devito.

If Daboll and Schoen bench DJ for Devito, an undrafted player, and have him start the season and he fails it would be a fireable offense, and there is no way Daboll and Schoen would do that.

I completely agree with everything you said.
Its doubtful we ever see DeVito play in another regular season game as a Giant

Hence I should heed my own advice and yours and drop it

Jones is our man and heaven help us based upon his last seasons play
Ive never seen a QB decline like him.  Its as if we gave him generational wealth and he then went into cruise control mode.   what was he averaging 2-3 downfield passes per game?

Maybe this new guy will get in there somehow and live up to his pre-draft projections
one can only dream.   Tommy will likely never clear waivers
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Jclayton92

Quote from: sxdxca38 on Today at 12:25:25 PMOnce again I'm sure you're a nice person in real life, but let's think about this.

The reason why Tom Brady was able to start at QB was because Drew Bledsoe got injured. If Bledsoe never got injured, Brady never would have played.

If BB had started a 6th rd pick in Brady over Bledsoe in 2001 he would have been fired.

The same applies to Devito.

If Daboll and Schoen bench DJ for Devito, an undrafted player, and have him start the season and he fails it would be a fireable offense, and there is no way Daboll and Schoen would do that.
They already benched Devito last year for Taylor so it's a non-issue.

BluesCruz

Quote from: Jclayton92 on Today at 03:39:07 PMThey already benched Devito last year for Taylor so it's a non-issue.

LOL ok whatever.....Taylor had the best arm of the bunch but had decision issues.
I don't get the non-issue part though

Do you see Tyrod returning somehow?  The Buffalo guys loved Tyrod and grossly overpaid him
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

DaveBrown74

Quote from: BluesCruz on Today at 03:48:37 PMDo you see Tyrod returning somehow? 

Do you mean way down the road, well after this season?

Taylor is a New York Jet now.

Jclayton92

Quote from: BluesCruz on Today at 03:48:37 PMLOL ok whatever.....Taylor had the best arm of the bunch but had decision issues.
I don't get the non-issue part though

Do you see Tyrod returning somehow?  The Buffalo guys loved Tyrod and grossly overpaid him
You have no idea what you are talking about. Tyrod Taylor led the NFL in BTTR last year. Meaning he completed the hardest throws with the highest value of any qb in the league last year.

It's the reason that Devito was benched. Tyrod Taylor was easily the best option we had and it wasn't close analytically.

1st graph shows just how good tyrod was vs the league in big time throws.

2nd graph shows EPA after being adjusted for how bad a qbs pass protection, skill players etc and you can see how big of a difference Tyrod was vs Devito.

Jclayton92

People criminally underestimate the value Tyrod brought to the team.