News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tell me again why we do this?

Started by Ed Vette, November 07, 2023, 03:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

I totally get not watching games when your team is 100% out of the race and they're brutal and awful to watch. Time is precious. And for those who work or have other weekday obligations, weekend time is really precious. So I get not wanting to plant yourself down on the couch for 3.5 hours to watch an event like last week's game, knowing that even if they won it wouldn't have mattered (and would have only made things worse from a draft standpoint). I generally still watch them even when they're this bad, but I totally get not wanting to and I don't think those who make that decision are less of fans than those who do.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 11, 2023, 11:10:02 AMI totally get not watching games when your team is 100% out of the race and they're brutal and awful to watch. Time is precious. And for those who work or have other weekday obligations, weekend time is really precious. So I get not wanting to plant yourself down on the couch for 3.5 hours to watch an event like last week's game, knowing that even if they won it wouldn't have mattered (and would have only made things worse from a draft standpoint). I generally still watch them even when they're this bad, but I totally get not wanting to and I don't think those who make that decision are less of fans than those who do.
I wouldn't bring EarPods to a wedding or baptism but there was a time that I would... lol
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

TDToomer

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 11, 2023, 12:44:48 PMI wouldn't bring EarPods to a wedding or baptism but there was a time that I would... lol

Homer would!

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs