News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

QB is most of the problem

Started by Dgoodmantrublu, November 09, 2023, 01:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

The routine of absolving Jones' poor play due to protection was turned upside down by watching Tyrod play behind the same line (actually even worse line if you count the injury of their backup LT, Ezeudu). Taylor wasn't perfect, but he was clearly more effective than Jones, and he was facing top defensive fronts.

Jones is not the guy. I think 98% of Giants fans feel that way now, and I think the team (including the stubborn, emotional Mara) finally agrees. He'll be on the roster next year because they really have no other choice, but if he ever starts again at all it will be a limited number of times. In future years the Daniel Jones era will be remembered as an unequivocal failure, punctuated by handing him a franchise-harming contract he never earned. There is really no logical way around these realities.

T200

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 09, 2023, 09:43:47 PMYeah. It was Neal's fault Jones missed Hyatt open deep twice this week with no pressure.
I think your stance on Jones is well-documented. Everyone else is entitled to their opinion just as you are yours.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Jclayton92

Quote from: Philosophers on November 09, 2023, 09:40:13 PMAll it takes is one player saying Ole and letting his opponent pass.  That's what Neal has been doing against good DLs.
I am in a small minority of a minority that thinks neal is slowly getting better.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 10, 2023, 12:30:13 PMI am in a small minority of a minority that thinks neal is slowly getting better.
J: I'm right there with you. 

I went back and watched a few games from last season just to be sure.

I realize most members don't want to hear this, but with some guys it takes three years (usually not) for the lights to go on. 

Most of them are WR's (lol - I know it's insulting) but who's to say Neal's not one of them. I don't like it (after all, he was a top 10 pick).

But we have bigger problems, including OL communication in general (doesn't help that the guy next to him changes IMO more often than is optimal).

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 10, 2023, 12:30:13 PMI am in a small minority of a minority that thinks neal is slowly getting better.
I agree but I believe he has a ceiling due to his heavy feet. He can offset that by becoming more of a beast in Run Blocking. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Dgoodmantrublu

His feat aren't the problem. His problem is leaning forward and being too passive with his hands.

kingm56

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 10, 2023, 01:48:02 PMI agree but I believe he has a ceiling due to his heavy feet. He can offset that by becoming more of a beast in Run Blocking. 

I concur, Ed.  He simply doesn't have the lateral agility necessary to be a top tier T. 

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 10, 2023, 01:48:02 PMI agree but I believe he has a ceiling due to his heavy feet. He can offset that by becoming more of a beast in Run Blocking. 
Ed: I don't like the running plays to his side.

They seem to rely on quick feet (a weakness) rather than strength and size (strong points).

Teams seem to favor putting small/quick guys on his side, but IMO the Giants don't counter often by calling more plays allowing Neal to use his size to move small guys backward. Of course, it doesn't help that the Giants are almost always playing from behind (in the score, as well as getting behind the sticks with 2nd and 10, etc.).

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!