News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Who are you rooting for in tonight's game

Started by MightyGiants, November 09, 2023, 02:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDjohnst1981

Unless Fields lights it up when he returns, I think  they will be in the market for a QB.

They'll look at the mess the Giants are in and won't pay him in the hope that he kicks on and makes progress. By the end of year 3, you're likely what you are.

With that said, I hope Fields does progress so they take Marvin Harrison and leave the QBs for everyone else.

DaveBrown74

FWIW (and I appreciate it's not much), I have a fairly good friend who is a die-hard Bears fan, and he thinks they'll keep Fields and trade down with at least one pick (if they're picking 1 and 2). He doesn't have any inside connection to the team but he's pretty on top of the beat reporters etc, and that's the word apparently. Admittedly nothing is concrete. Far from it. But that's the view that he and other Bears fans apparently have. The organization apparently likes Fields a lot, and the realization is that the payoff for moving down a few spots with both of those picks would be so absurdly immense that the only way you pass that up is if you really think Fields just doesn't have it. Which they don't.

Personally, if it were me, I'd take Williams, trade down with the second pick, and trade Fields. But it's not clear they're going to do that.

uconnjack8

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 11, 2023, 09:51:06 AMFWIW (and I appreciate it's not much), I have a fairly good friend who is a die-hard Bears fan, and he thinks they'll keep Fields and trade down with at least one pick (if they're picking 1 and 2). He doesn't have any inside connection to the team but he's pretty on top of the beat reporters etc, and that's the word apparently. Admittedly nothing is concrete. Far from it. But that's the view that he and other Bears fans apparently have. The organization apparently likes Fields a lot, and the realization is that the payoff for moving down a few spots with both of those picks would be so absurdly immense that the only way you pass that up is if you really think Fields just doesn't have it. Which they don't.

Personally, if it were me, I'd take Williams, trade down with the second pick, and trade Fields. But it's not clear they're going to do that.
If it were me, I would do what the 2004 Chargers did and draft a QB at #1 and sit him (I know they actually drafted a different QB) behind the incumbent.

Of course that's without trading the QB, but I could see a similar situation happening though.