News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tyrod Taylor says rib injury isn't season ending

Started by MightyGiants, November 09, 2023, 03:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

Could they make it season ending?  Bringing him back would only diminish their chances at landing the #1 pick.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Gmo11 on November 09, 2023, 06:36:19 PMCould they make it season ending?  Bringing him back would only diminish their chances at landing the #1 pick.

There is no requirement to recall players off IR
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Dgoodmantrublu

Ed Vette

If he's cleared, they most likely bring him back. He's being paid. Doesn't mean he starts.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

No rush, please. Season is over and losses help now, not hurt. The "winning culture" crap is a bunch of nonsense. You don't build a winning culture by fighting tooth and nail to be 5-12 instead of 3-14. That's idiotic. We need to be in the best draft position possible, period.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 10, 2023, 07:10:13 AMNo rush, please. Season is over and losses help now, not hurt. The "winning culture" crap is a bunch of nonsense. You don't build a winning culture by fighting tooth and nail to be 5-12 instead of 3-14. That's idiotic. We need to be in the best draft position possible, period.
Purely a fan's perspective.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 10, 2023, 08:45:14 AMPurely a fan's perspective.

For sure. I know the above won't be team policy.

With that said, from a health/well-being perspective, with nothing to play for, I would hope they don't deliberately rush him back. I would say that even if we weren't in the running for a QB.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 10, 2023, 09:26:21 AMFor sure. I know the above won't be team policy.

With that said, from a health/well-being perspective, with nothing to play for, I would hope they don't deliberately rush him back. I would say that even if we weren't in the running for a QB.
On a scale of one to ten with ten being the highest, please rank DJ, TT, TD, and Barkley.

I would rank them:
Jones 7
Taylor 7
Tommy 5
Barkley 3
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 10, 2023, 08:45:14 AMPurely a fan's perspective.
Most definitely. Players play to win. It's pride and ego. They couldn't give two shits about next year's draft and what rookie could be here next year trying to take their spot.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Sem

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 10, 2023, 09:30:41 AMOn a scale of one to ten with ten being the highest, please rank DJ, TT, TD, and Barkley.

I would rank them:
Jones 7
Taylor 7
Tommy 5
Barkley 3

Yes, I agree. Jones is definitely the tallest.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 10, 2023, 09:30:41 AMOn a scale of one to ten with ten being the highest, please rank DJ, TT, TD, and Barkley.

I would rank them:
Jones 7
Taylor 7
Tommy 3
Barkley 2

Jones 5 (assuming 5 out of 10 is "average")
Taylor 5
Tommy-Gun 3
Matty Barks 2