News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Watching A Potential Giants QB In JJ McCarthy

Started by Philosophers, November 10, 2023, 04:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

Quote from: sooners56 on November 11, 2023, 12:29:26 PMI'm not impressed with JJ or this Allar QB.

What are you expecting?

Good defenses.  Look for little things like reads and decisionmaking.

What is he doing wrong?

madbadger

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 10, 2023, 10:05:46 PMI don't think Beck will enter the draft this season.

The number 1 high school recruit/quarterback Dylan Raiola is committed to UGA next year. He has the tools to win the job out right as a freshman next year. Weirder things have happened. Odds are he stays but perhaps he looks at next year and doesn't want to risk it.

spiderblue43

Both teams are in slug out mode. Very little..if any..passing. Hard to evaluate anything but respect for the defenses.

At least no bogus roughing the passer calls.. :no:

sooners56

Quote from: Philosophers on November 11, 2023, 01:04:47 PMWhat are you expecting?

Good defenses.  Look for little things like reads and decisionmaking.

What is he doing wrong?

Expecting to see a QB that stands out against a top defense. Game plan/game play  hasnt really let him throw the ball but so far only 60 yards passing. He doesn't look like an NFL QB to me. Hand off after hand off tells me team doesn't think JJ can win throwing the ball. As I wrote he throws a bad pass but gets bailed out by refs.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

madbadger

Michigan is a totally different team without Harbaugh on the sidelines. Whoever is calling the game is being way too conservative.

Ed Vette

Michigan played it smart and trusted their Defense and JJ didn't do anything to hurt his team and that shows maturity. I thought Penn was foolish for going for two early.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

sooners56

Allar sucks and no it's not the defense. He just makes terrible passes!

sooners56

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 11, 2023, 02:59:41 PMMichigan played it smart and trusted their Defense and JJ didn't do anything to hurt his team and that shows maturity. I thought Penn was foolish for going for two early.

JJ the game manager is not who the Giants need.

madbadger

Quote from: sooners56 on November 11, 2023, 03:00:05 PMAllar sucks and no it's not the defense. He just makes terrible passes!

He's a first year quarterback in a defensive oriented league. He's been pretty good this year, but is going to need another year or two of starting experience to get there.

madbadger

Quote from: sooners56 on November 11, 2023, 03:00:45 PMJJ the game manager is not who the Giants need.

He's not a game manager. Not his fault that the interim/game coach is scared of his own shadow. When Harbaugh was running the team he had no qualms about asking him to carry the offense when needed.

Gman329

Michigan coaches certainly didn't have a ton of confidence in the QB today.  They relied entirely on their defense and running game. 

andrew_nyGiants

I'm about to watch who I think could become a great QB - Michael Penix Jr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

madbadger

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on November 11, 2023, 03:24:01 PMI'm about to watch who I think could become a great QB - Michael Penix Jr

He's an intriguing player but he's already torn his ACL twice. Let someone else take that gamble in the first round.

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: madbadger on November 11, 2023, 03:40:10 PMHe's an intriguing player but he's already torn his ACL twice. Let someone else take that gamble in the first round.
That's just it, I don't think he's going in the 1st round.

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

JT39

Pac 12 defenses suck. Most of already failed playing good defenses (Nix, Penix, DJ Ug). There's a reason why they go to the pac 12. It's much easier.

As for McCarthy. There was nothing to take away. They played it ultra conservative. Saying he was good or bad is just an already biased opinion.