News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Michigan pushes back

Started by Ed Vette, November 11, 2023, 01:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

madbadger

I really don't think Harbaugh is going to be back next year. He can make as much money in the NFL without dealing with the NCAA. He doesn't strike me as a company guy, so the NCAA is always gonna have an issue with him. I think Michigan is trying to protect their program and I don't begrudge them that right. I do think that this letter might be more for the next head coach than it is for Harbaugh. Michigan is a great job and if the coach feels that the school is going to have his back it becomes one of the five best jobs in the country.

MightyGiants

They tried to get a restraining order from the  courts so he could coach, but he failed.

What I noticed was missing from this declaration was any claim of innocence.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 11, 2023, 03:46:09 PMThey tried to get a restraining order from the  courts so he could coach, but he failed.

What I noticed was missing from this declaration was any claim of innocence.
He will get it, the case just won't be heard until Friday for the RO.

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 11, 2023, 04:38:17 PMHe will get it, the case just won't be heard until Friday for the RO.

Correct.  It's not like a judge said no.  He just didn't make a decision so wanted time to decide.

I have been reading up on the NCAA bylaws, reading legal reviews of case, etc.  It can make your head spin.  As I understand it, what the NCAA prohibits is using self-controlled recording devices to record a current game Michigan is playing in.  For say a future opponent Michigan would play, the violation is that Michigan cannot have an employee at the game.  There is no rule about future games being recorded.  Based on what I have read, I think the attendance is the violation of the written rule.

Whatever the investigation concludes, I will be good with the decision.  If Michigan is guilty, penalize them.  If not, let it go.  What is frustrating is that the Big 10 acted before the NCAA completed its investigation.  That seems wrong to me.