News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Passing off speculation as "News"

Started by MightyGiants, November 12, 2023, 11:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I first came across this when NFL insider Dov Kleiman reported it as news:

https://x.com/PLeonardNYDN/status/1723720326993883577?s=20

As I am a careful consumer of information, I went to the source article:

QuoteJoe Schoen and Brian Daboll are under pressure on Sunday to start fielding a respectable, consistently competitive Giants team.

John Mara and Steve Tisch have remained silent as a season that began with players using the words "Super Bowl" has descended into dysfunction.

But precedent shows there is only so much embarrassment the Giants' co-owners can take. And another 40-0 massacre against the Dallas Cowboys, which is 100% on the table Sunday, will turn up the heat inside a building where it's already getting uncomfortable.

The issue I have is that Pat isn't reporting on what he is hearing or learning is going on inside the organization; he simply speculated based on "past precedent," which his not actually news.  At least that is not news based on a proper definition
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Giant Obsession

"Subversive from within"

Bill Parcells never spoke truer words.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

spiderblue43

Next year would be far more apt for this "speculation". Don't think they're in immediate trouble..yet.

If the team starts to worry about getting hurt and having to rehab in the off-seaon .then half ass it..that would be really troublesome. :(  :o