News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Daboll- Tommy is still the man

Started by MightyGiants, December 05, 2023, 12:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

President Rick

I'll second the motion.  DISCUSS>>>>>>>>>>>
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

B1GBLUE

Good. at best tommy is our future starter, and at worst it helps make the decision of what to do at qb next year. at most likely, we are getting a great audition for our qb2 going forward. you know what you have in taylor. gotta see what tommy d can do over half a season.

madbadger

Been thinking a lot about the quarterback situation around the league lately. I wish the league would allow one additional roster spot as long as it is used to carry a third quarterback who gets paid no more than the vet minimum. It's becoming more common place that teams are grabbing street free agents or trading for a quarterback because they've lost both their starters to injury. It's wrecking teams seasons and for the fans it can be soul crushing.

MightyGiants

I think this is the best move.  Tommy earned at least another start.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

B1GBLUE

Quote from: madbadger on December 05, 2023, 12:40:08 PMBeen thinking a lot about the quarterback situation around the league lately. I wish the league would allow one additional roster spot as long as it is used to carry a third quarterback who gets paid no more than the vet minimum. It's becoming more common place that teams are grabbing street free agents or trading for a quarterback because they've lost both their starters to injury. It's wrecking teams seasons and for the fans it can be soul crushing.

The declining amount of quality offensive lineman is becoming an issue. league wide. if star qb's keep going down your going to start seeing 12 v 11 with an extra lineman in to block. its bad for business. no one wants to watch mahomes or rodgers backups.

Torus34

Mr. Thomas DeVito has been interviewed twice for the job of starting QB on Sunday, 12/11 against the Packers. The first interview was with the Commanders on 11/19. The second was with the Patriots on 11/26.

Mr. DeVito passed both interviews handily.

Go flag-free, Big Blue!

miss86

I think it's the correct decision. TT is not the future. Not sure Tommy is either, but he is young and has a higher ceiling (we hope). Plus, how long until TT is hurt again? I hope coaching can make TD better. Kafta/Dabs need to design plays to his strengths.

EDjohnst1981

Probably the right thing to do if a) you want to see what the kid has over a larger sample and/or b) want a higher draft pick.

I like the story, I like the kid but if you want to win games, Taylor is likely a better option.

DaveBrown74

I could have seen a case either way. Ultimately if you're Daboll you're going with the player who in your eyes gives you the best chance to win the next game. You don't make a decision like this to placate fans, and with five games to go you don't make a decision to play DeVito purely so you can do more of an evaluation on him. If you're truly on the fence, that's a perfectly legitimate reason to swing it DeVito's way, but I'm pretty confident Daboll's top priority is to win. So I believe this decision reflects that.

At the very least, I think he is riding "the hot hand", and if things cool off I think you'll see TT come in pretty quickly.

Ed Vette

Four broken Ribs and two were displaced. Freak injury and it had to be be a painful recovery. I can understand him being upset.

https://x.com/dduggan21/status/1732133760613622102?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

GeauxJints

I mean no brainer. If he went with Tyrod there would have been a mutiny

spiderblue43

Packers...who need the game..also may be flat after an emotional win. Tommy Cutlets gets another slice of the action, deservedly so.

This feel-good story may get whacked by the Pack, but it's the only interesting development all year. :dance:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: GeauxJints on December 05, 2023, 09:49:19 PMI mean no brainer. If he went with Tyrod there would have been a mutiny

By whom? The fans?