News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Daboll- Tommy is still the man

Started by MightyGiants, December 05, 2023, 12:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

I cant imagine TTs ribs are truly healed

He is available in a pinch but he likely needs more healing time

Having said that, my instincts tell me Tommy is the better QB right now

But its close TT is very good but gets hurt easily these days, as he is up there in years and takes a lot of chances with his body as a runner.
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

DaveBrown74

If TT still has lingering pain/soreness despite being cleared then it makes the decision a lot easier. Taylor is injury-prone period, so it's pointless to put him out there if he's anything less than 100% when the Giants have a guy who is now 2-1 as a starter on a team that is 4-8 overall.

At the end of the day, much is being made of this, but it's not some earth shattering decision. Both QBs have played better than Jones was playing this year before he got hurt, but neither has been overly impressive. Either way, we need much better QB play over the long term, and in my opinion nobody presently on the roster offers that.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 06, 2023, 07:04:42 AMIf TT still has lingering pain/soreness despite being cleared then it makes the decision a lot easier. Taylor is injury-prone period, so it's pointless to put him out there if he's anything less than 100% when the Giants have a guy who is now 2-1 as a starter on a team that is 4-8 overall.

At the end of the day, much is being made of this, but it's not some earth shattering decision. Both QBs have played better than Jones was playing this year before he got hurt, but neither has been overly impressive. Either way, we need much better QB play over the long term, and in my opinion nobody presently on the roster offers that.
I put that Jets loss on Daboll and Kafka.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Fletch

I guess this is another development year but, this time we're developing a QB2 ?

Simply amazes me that Tyrod gets the disrespect that he gets. He was the only time this whole year that saw this offense move up and down the field. And he did it against some pretty good teams.

While I kind of agree with this , since I want to tank and get a draft pick, there isno doubt that Tyrod is the better QB, gives them the best chance to win, and will not have me going out to check my motorcycle batteries in mid-game out of sheer boredom.

T200

Quote from: Fletch on December 06, 2023, 11:53:08 AMI guess this is another development year but, this time we're developing a QB2 ?

Simply amazes me that Tyrod gets the disrespect that he gets. He was the only time this whole year that saw this offense move up and down the field. And he did it against some pretty good teams.

While I kind of agree with this , since I want to tank and get a draft pick, there isno doubt that Tyrod is the better QB, gives them the best chance to win, and will not have me going out to check my motorcycle batteries in mid-game out of sheer boredom.
I like Tyrod as well. Unfortunately, he cannot stay healthy. He was concussed last year against Chicago and Jones had to go back in. I truly believe that if they play him again, he'll get injured again before the season is out.

Best to let TD Tommy finish the season.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

BluesCruz

Quote from: Fletch on December 06, 2023, 11:53:08 AMI guess this is another development year but, this time we're developing a QB2 ?

Maybe you will give TommyD a little more respect if he tames the Packers and overcomes our nationally televised plague.  I would hope so.  Your inability to see the DeVito effect to date has been a bit out of step in my opinion

TT is a decent QB but if he were that good he would be starting somewhere like say Tommy DeVito is.
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Fletch

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 06, 2023, 01:01:24 PMMaybe you will give TommyD a little more respect if he tames the Packers and overcomes our nationally televised plague.  I would hope so.  Your inability to see the DeVito effect to date has been a bit out of step in my opinion

TT is a decent QB but if he were that good he would be starting somewhere like say Tommy DeVito is.

No disrespect but your whole Devito love is what is a little overboard. If he does do that I wil respect Devito. I do not see a shot in hell that is happening. Not if last Sunday's packers show up . It should be a blow out. But then again the D has been playing lights out but, they should be coming back to earth soon.
Quote from: T200 on December 06, 2023, 12:51:08 PMI like Tyrod as well. Unfortunately, he cannot stay healthy. He was concussed last year against Chicago and Jones had to go back in. I truly believe that if they play him again, he'll get injured again before the season is out.

Best to let TD Tommy finish the season.

Why? He is a professional footbal player. you are going to get injured. He is a free agent next year. He is one of the highest paid back up s in the league. We're expecting  Devito to be a QB1 or were grooming a QB2? Wow that is exciting. Although if the tankathon is fully on then I am all for it (if we get another QB).

T200

Quote from: Fletch on December 06, 2023, 01:50:15 PMWhy? He is a professional footbal player. you are going to get injured. He is a free agent next year. He is one of the highest paid back up s in the league. We're expecting  Devito to be a QB1 or were grooming a QB2? Wow that is exciting. Although if the tankathon is fully on then I am all for it (if we get another QB).
There are injuries that players play through and there are injuries that keep players out of the game. Tyrod's injuries are not ones that he plays through. I shouldn't have to explain the difference between the two. I would think it's pretty obvious, which is why DeVito was/is playing to begin with.

No one is expecting anything from DeVito outside of being competitive and competent.

Fletch

Tyrod was on IR and got cleared a few days ago. That should mean he can play no? So maybe you might have to explain after all.

Am I really to believe that anyone including a precessional football coach thinks devito is anything other than a mediocre backup?

He have the Brownings and Marcus Mariotas playing pretty darn good football.

kingm56

Quote from: Fletch on December 07, 2023, 05:10:08 AMTyrod was on IR and got cleared a few days ago. That should mean he can play no? So maybe you might have to explain after all.

Am I really to believe that anyone including a precessional football coach thinks devito is anything other than a mediocre backup?

He have the Brownings and Marcus Mariotas playing pretty darn good football.

Justin Jefferson was cleared from IR 3 weeks ago, but won't make his first start until this week.  That COA is pretty standard; few players come off IR to start the following week.  They have to recondition their bodies to play a fundamentally physical game....fairly standard in the NFL.

Ed Vette

Quote from: kingm56 on December 07, 2023, 05:28:14 AMJustin Jefferson was cleared from IR 3 weeks ago, but won't make his first start until this week.  That COA is pretty standard; few players come off IR to start the following week.  They have to recondition their bodies to play a fundamentally physical game....fairly standard in the NFL.

And with broken ribs, his arms were likely restricted. So arm strength might be a concern.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 06, 2023, 01:01:24 PMMaybe you will give TommyD a little more respect if he tames the Packers and overcomes our nationally televised plague.  I would hope so.  Your inability to see the DeVito effect to date has been a bit out of step in my opinion

Okay, that's a fair enough point?

What is Tommy stinks on Monday, will you tone it down a bit?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on December 07, 2023, 09:19:44 AMOkay, that's a fair enough point?

This sounds like a reasonable agreement to make.

T200

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on December 07, 2023, 09:19:44 AMOkay, that's a fair enough point?

Sounds like a frog/scorpion scenario to me.

y_so_blu

We know what we have in Taylor: a solid but unspectacular veteran who gets hurt often and won't be here next year. Now we need to know what we have in Devito. Barring a miraculous run, this is a lost season anyway, so it's the perfect time to find out.