News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Another reason why Tyrod is unhappy that he is not starting

Started by MightyGiants, December 11, 2023, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21
Tyrod Taylor wants to play because he's a prideful competitor. But the decision to stick with Tommy DeVito will also cost Tyrod. His contract contains  playing time and performance incentives. He'd be in line to earn up to an additional $1M if he started the final five games.

Here's how his incentives break down:

• 40-49% of the snaps for the season: $250K
• 50-59% of the snaps: $250K

He's at 25.7% of the snaps this season. If he played every snap in the final five games, he'd project to be around 50% for the season, so that would earn him an additional $500K.

He can also earn $250K for a 92.5 passer rating with a minimum of 224 attempts. He has a 92.1 rating on 87 attempts. And he can earn $250K for a 65% completion percentage with a minimum of 224 attempts. He has a 65.5% completion percentage.
10:53 AM · Dec 11, 2023
·
 Views

https://x.com/DDuggan21/status/1734239949656838284?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

I wonder if that audible that cost them the game had some weight in this decision.

I think DD is on to something. TT had broken and displaced Ribs. For all the armchair players out there calling him soft for not playing, some players would have gone on season-ending IR. He fought to come back and money had to be one of the incentives.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin