News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Wow..What cry babies

Started by Alamo, March 08, 2023, 03:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alamo

All the sports guys & girls are on the boob tube..All channels..Makes no difference..How can the Giants Pay him all that money for 15TD's ?? Now,I know you and me are great fans of the team.These supposedly intellectual people,have lost their brains in the airport with their luggage..I wish I could get on just one sports talk show for 5 minutes..And ask them all.Give me a name of any current QB who you think could have had over 4,000 yds throwing,and 25to30 TDs,with the WR's this team has,and the O Line that can't block all that well as a group ? Even Mahones will not be able to get these numbers..Not possible, SORRY TO SAY!!

Blue Fire

Quote from: Alamo on March 08, 2023, 03:57:14 PMAll the sports guys & girls are on the boob tube..All channels..Makes no difference..How can the Giants Pay him all that money for 15TD's ?? Now,I know you and me are great fans of the team.These supposedly intellectual people,have lost their brains in the airport with their luggage..I wish I could get on just one sports talk show for 5 minutes..And ask them all.Give me a name of any current QB who you think could have had over 4,000 yds throwing,and 25to30 TDs,with the WR's this team has,and the O Line that can't block all that well as a group ? Even Mahones will not be able to get these numbers..Not possible, SORRY TO SAY!!

Daniel Jones is a great Football IQ test that many many folks are failing at.

Some are unable to recognize the traits that make a QB great without seeing ridiculous peripheral numbers like 4500 yds and 30+ TDs .

Giants from Mara to Schoen to Daboll to the players all obviously see it as stamped by his big contract.  They obviously also understand how to grade him appropriately knowing that he was severely hampered by poor pass pro and/or really poor receiving options most of the year.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Alamo on March 08, 2023, 03:57:14 PMAll the sports guys & girls are on the boob tube..All channels..Makes no difference..How can the Giants Pay him all that money for 15TD's ?? Now,I know you and me are great fans of the team.These supposedly intellectual people,have lost their brains in the airport with their luggage..I wish I could get on just one sports talk show for 5 minutes..And ask them all.Give me a name of any current QB who you think could have had over 4,000 yds throwing,and 25to30 TDs,with the WR's this team has,and the O Line that can't block all that well as a group ? Even Mahones will not be able to get these numbers..Not possible, SORRY TO SAY!!

Nothing new here. The media has wanted DJ to fail since 2019 when the Giants picked him. Jones needs to fail in order for them to feel "smarter than the average bear". I don't know if it's because Danny looks like Woody from Toy Story, or if they are just unable to come to grips with the fact that they were dead wrong and their massive ego and self-importance won't allow themselves to admit they were wrong all along and eat crow. If he takes the Giants to the Superbowl and wins, they will still be digging a hole to save face from their overreaction and stupidity that started in 2019. There was a little of that with Simms, but not at the level they've put on Jones. It's why they are in a booth yakking it up instead of running a real football team
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Rambo89

Quote from: Blue Fire on March 08, 2023, 04:05:13 PMDaniel Jones is a great Football IQ test that many many folks are failing at.

Some are unable to recognize the traits that make a QB great without seeing ridiculous peripheral numbers like 4500 yds and 30+ TDs .

Giants from Mara to Schoen to Daboll to the players all obviously see it as stamped by his big contract.  They obviously also understand how to grade him appropriately knowing that he was severely hampered by poor pass pro and/or really poor receiving options most of the year.

Coaching Pee-Wee football gives someone that type of football IQ to see things that no one else does
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Bob In PA

Alamo: Nice post. As many of the complainers may have forgotten or ignored, running backs get paid for TD's too.

Jones is a QB but is used as a RB on many occasions.  And he was NEVER pushed into the end zone from behind.

All seven of his TD's on the ground were REAL running plays (or scrambles). He deserves to have them counted too.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

kingm56

Quote from: Blue Fire on March 08, 2023, 04:05:13 PMDaniel Jones is a great Football IQ test that many many folks are failing at.

You're attempting to create your own narrative to justify your predictions over the last two-years.  You have a small problem though; the portion in bold completely defies reality; in point of fact, the Giants structured the contract to give them the ability to replace DJ in just 2-years; in fact, they paid more upfront to avoid any long-term commitment.  You don't do that if you're 100% sure you have your guy.  In reality, this isn't a big contract; David Carr is getting paid $18M more in actual dollars, and has an extra year of actual commitment.  The structure of the deal tells us EVERYTHING we need to know about how the Giants feel about DJ; there is no long term commitment; moreover, this isn't a top 10 QB deal. In short, the exact opposite of your narrative. 

I think it absolutely fair to be skeptical of DJs abilities; after all, the structure of the contract indicates the Giants have the same trepidations. 

Ed Vette

Three years and $112 million. It doesn't get any better than that. And btw, do an Anthony Richardson backflip if he hits his incentives because then we're talking elite.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Blue Fire

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 08, 2023, 05:18:33 PMThree years and $112 million. It doesn't get any better than that. And btw, do an Anthony Richardson backflip if he hits his incentives because then we're talking elite.

He has 70m of total incentives and he only has to hit half of them to max out the 35m and get to 49m AAV.

Giants believe in this kid and this is a contract that proves that.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

kingm56

Quote from: Blue Fire on March 08, 2023, 06:02:57 PMHe has 70m of total incentives and he only has to hit half of them to max out the 35m and get to 49m AAV.

Giants believe in this kid and this is a contract that proves that.

Again, you're trying to define your own reality; the Giants can move on in just 2 years with 'only' $82M paid.  If they move on, none of DJ's incentives will come to fruition. BTW, performance-based incentives are not tools used when teams 'believe in a kid.' In effect, this is a two year deal; so, stop pushing the narrative the Giants 'believe in this kid', when they have clear trepidations.  In fact, their concerns are so significant, they paid extra upfront to reduce their long-term commitment, which is completely antithetical to your narrative.

Rambo89

Quote from: kingm56 on March 08, 2023, 06:19:37 PMAgain, you're trying to define your own reality; the Giants can move on in just 2 years with 'only' $82M paid.  If they move on, none of DJ's incentives will come to fruition. BTW, performance-based incentives are not tools used when teams 'believe in a kid.' In effect, this is a two year deal; so, stop pushing the narrative the Giants 'believe in this kid', when they have clear trepidations.  In fact, their concerns are so significant, they paid extra upfront to reduce their long-term commitment, which is completely antithetical to your narrative.

Sorry dude we can't let facts get in the way of the thoughts we've made up in our head.

Blue Fire

Great Quote from Schoen today on DJ:

Q: You came in here with Dabs (head coach Brian Daboll) and were evaluating everybody and certainly did not have to fall in love with Daniel Jones as a quarterback. You didn't draft him. By giving him this deal, are you saying that you feel you can win a Super Bowl with him?

A: Yeah, that's the goal. Everybody's goal is to win a Super Bowl. I think Daniel, he played well his rookie year. He played well for us this past year. I think the coaching staff has confidence in him. As an organization, we have a confidence in him. We're going to continue to build the team around him. That's the ultimate goal.

The building around him starts this offseason!

Alamo

Hate to pick on this guy,but I just had to look his NFL stats up..
DAN ORLOVSKY...QB...11 YRS IN THE NFL..
3 WINS..23 LOSSES...3,100 TOTAL YDS..
15 TD's...13 INT's..

And he has the nerve to pick on Daniel Jones about money..He's just jealous because he never even came close to Danny's worst year in 11 yrs in the league..He's pathetic!!!!

GloryDays

Quote from: Rambo89 on March 08, 2023, 04:12:45 PMCoaching Pee-Wee football gives someone that type of football IQ to see things that no one else does
Similar to you ignoring the fact that unlike tennis, the minimum required ability of the supporting players have a lot to do with a QB's performance and production, similarly you ignore the fact that there are many of us Giants fans who see this, probably more than those who don't.

kingm56

Quote from: Alamo on March 08, 2023, 07:33:32 PMHate to pick on this guy,but I just had to look his NFL stats up..
DAN ORLOVSKY...QB...11 YRS IN THE NFL..
3 WINS..23 LOSSES...3,100 TOTAL YDS..
15 TD's...13 INT's..

And he has the nerve to pick on Daniel Jones about money..He's just jealous because he never even came close to Danny's worst year in 11 yrs in the league..He's pathetic!!!!

What's pathetic is calling people names who don't share your opinion. Regardless of 'Danny's stats', he's infinitely more qualified to offer an opinion on the subject than you. Lately, experts and pundits validly seems purely based on their ability to validate opinions.  Nobody is picking on DJ, they're doing their jobs.

Rambo89

Quote from: GloryDays on March 08, 2023, 07:46:55 PMSimilar to you ignoring the fact that unlike tennis, the minimum required ability of the supporting players have a lot to do with a QB's performance and production, similarly you ignore the fact that there are many of us Giants fans who see this, probably more than those who don't.

You like others believe that QBs are interchangeable and make a good case for that.