News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

***BBH WOULD LIKE TO INTERVIEW YOU THE FAN***

Started by MightyGiants, May 27, 2023, 01:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

We read and see interviews with players, coaches, etc...  Well, we would like to interview YOU, the fan.  You can simply post a response to these questions or let us know, and we will arrange an interview via Zoom (which we will post here).   To our thousands of Twitter and Facebook followers, sign up for a FREE BBH account to join in on the fun.   So here we go:

First Name (optional):

1)  How long have you been a fan, and how did you become a fan of the NY Giants?

2) Who was your favorite all-time player and coach?  Why?

3)  What was your favorite Giants memory or season?

4)  What is your favorite Giants apparel or memorabilia?  (feel free to post a picture)

5)  Tell us something about yourself that we don't know or share a take on the team that you feel is a little unusual.

BONUS QUESTION-  What are your thoughts on the Giants' upcoming season?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

I'm down to do one live via zoom, or to do one with multiple people talking everything camp and depth chart in a live discussion.

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 27, 2023, 01:19:35 PMWe read and see interviews with players, coaches, etc...  Well, we would like to interview YOU, the fan.  You can simply post a response to these questions or let us know, and we will arrange an interview via Zoom (which we will post here).   To our thousands of Twitter and Facebook followers, sign up for a FREE BBH account to join in on the fun.   So here we go:

First Name (optional):

1)  How long have you been a fan, and how did you become a fan of the NY Giants?

4)  What is your favorite Giants apparel or memorabilia?  (feel free to post a picture)

5)  Tell us something about yourself that we don't know or share a take on the team that you feel is a little unusual.

Wow, no takers eh? I'll go...

Tim is my most common name. Sometimes I get Timmy, T, or TC.

1) I've been a Giants fan since the mid-80s. I mostly followed players and was a big fan of tough defenses and hard runners. Lynn Swann was my favorite WR, Earl Campbell and Walter Payton were my favorite running backs. But watching LT play... that solidified my status as a Giants fan.

2) All-time favorite player and coach are LT and Parcells. To me, Parcells was a great people person in that he understood different personalities and how to reach and motivate them, no matter if they were a bench player or the star QB.

3) The 2007 season was amazing and there will probably never be anything like it, as a Giants fan. But for me, SB XXV was even better. They shut down the Bills' K-Gun offense Led by Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas. But they didn't shut them down with LT and the defense; Hoss and OJ Anderson kept the ball for over 40 MINUTES!!! That was the very definition of smashmouth, 'Mooda Chains' football. The defense play outstanding in turning Andre Reed into an alligator. They teed him up everytime he came across the middle. It was a thing of beauty. And to make it even sweeter, I was stationed in Korea and there were soooooo many Bills fans around the base!

4) I don't have a favorite piece of Giants gear but I did have a personalized license tag (NYGFAN1) for over 15 years on 4 different vehicles.

5) Besides the Giants, I love bowling (just threw my first perfect game last month!), and detailing vehicles.

An unusual take? Like Eli, I'm not superstitious but I am a little 'stitious!

Not sure if this falls into that category but the Giants are the only team to win a SB in each of thr last four decades. I'm expecting Jones and Co. to win one in the next 3-5.

BQ) I think we sweep the Eagles and win the division. That's as far as my cracked crystal ball can see!  :ok:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

ralphpal1

Ralph palmieri
Was a Bengal fan growing up  so around 1980 I became a Giant fan
Favorite giant memory was 86
Still a teenager
Life was simple
All time favorite player was Eli
My jerseys  is a funny and said story
One Christmas I brought myself 2 jerseys.  ObJ( throw back jersey) , Landon Collins ( special pro bowl jersey),  Eli apple ..the next year all of them were gone
I remember I was at a Jet game and they announced they just hired Tom C as the next head coach
I turned to my brother
That is good
Our offense is actually going to start being good
2 superbowls later I was correct
I played in 3 qudditch world cups
Upcoming season
Playoffs
If not something is wrong
Going backwards should not be an option

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on May 29, 2023, 06:50:26 PMWow, no takers eh? I'll go...

Tim is my most common name. Sometimes I get Timmy, T, or TC.

1) I've been a Giants fan since the mid-80s. I mostly followed players and was a big fan of tough defenses and hard runners. Lynn Swann was my favorite WR, Earl Campbell and Walter Payton were my favorite running backs. But watching LT play... that solidified my status as a Giants fan.

2) All-time favorite player and coach are LT and Parcells. To me, Parcells was a great people person in that he understood different personalities and how to reach and motivate them, no matter if they were a bench player or the star QB.

3) The 2007 season was amazing and there will probably never be anything like it, as a Giants fan. But for me, SB XXV was even better. They shut down the Bills' K-Gun offense Led by Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas. But they didn't shut them down with LT and the defense; Hoss and OJ Anderson kept the ball for over 40 MINUTES!!! That was the very definition of smashmouth, 'Mooda Chains' football. The defense play outstanding in turning Andre Reed into an alligator. They teed him up everytime he came across the middle. It was a thing of beauty. And to make it even sweeter, I was stationed in Korea and there were soooooo many Bills fans around the base!

4) I don't have a favorite piece of Giants gear but I did have a personalized license tag (NYGFAN1) for over 15 years on 4 different vehicles.

5) Besides the Giants, I love bowling (just threw my first perfect game last month!), and detailing vehicles.

An unusual take? Like Eli, I'm not superstitious but I am a little 'stitious!

Not sure if this falls into that category but the Giants are the only team to win a SB in each of thr last four decades. I'm expecting Jones and Co. to win one in the next 3-5.

BQ) I think we sweep the Eagles and win the division. That's as far as my cracked crystal ball can see!  :ok:

How on earth did you end up around so many Bills fans? 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: ralphpal1 on May 29, 2023, 07:17:38 PMRalph palmieri
Was a Bengal fan growing up  so around 1980 I became a Giant fan
Favorite giant memory was 86
Still a teenager
Life was simple
All time favorite player was Eli
My jerseys  is a funny and said story
One Christmas I brought myself 2 jerseys.  ObJ( throw back jersey) , Landon Collins ( special pro bowl jersey),  Eli apple ..the next year all of them were gone
I remember I was at a Jet game and they announced they just hired Tom C as the next head coach
I turned to my brother
That is good
Our offense is actually going to start being good
2 superbowls later I was correct
I played in 3 qudditch world cups
Upcoming season
Playoffs
If not something is wrong
Going backwards should not be an option

Ralph,

What made you switch from the Bengals to the Giants?

Also, did you win any of the world cups?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 29, 2023, 07:17:43 PMHow on earth did you end up around so many Bills fans? 
I don't know if they were actual Bills fans or just rooting for them. But the groans were louder than the cheers when Norwood's kick sailed right!

MagicRat

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 27, 2023, 01:19:35 PMWe read and see interviews with players, coaches, etc...  Well, we would like to interview YOU, the fan.  You can simply post a response to these questions or let us know, and we will arrange an interview via Zoom (which we will post here).   To our thousands of Twitter and Facebook followers, sign up for a FREE BBH account to join in on the fun.   So here we go:

First Name (optional):

I'll answer this later....defo.
Overseas fan with a different perspective perhaps....
Smell my cheese you mother!

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on May 29, 2023, 10:19:29 PMI don't know if they were actual Bills fans or just rooting for them. But the groans were louder than the cheers when Norwood's kick sailed right!

The Bills had a lot of star power.  I am not surprised they were popular with your fellow military personnel.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 30, 2023, 08:33:53 AMThe Bills had a lot of star power.  I am not surprised they were popular with your fellow military personnel.
They definitely did. The first of four straight SB appearances, all losses against the same division! The 90s belonged to the NFC East.

MagicRat

First Name (optional):

OK.....
My name is Ken.
1) Giants fan since 84-ish. I became a Giants fan because of Bruce Springsteen.
To explain, Channel 4 in the UK began showing NFL highlights in 1982.
I started watching it 83 ish, didn't really have a great understanding if the game, or follow it particularly closely.
We got a single weekly highlights show, as I recall about 90 minutes long,on a Sunday.
It showed the previous week's games, extended-ish highlights of two games (maybe 20 minutes or thereabouts), a roundup of the rest of the games and a couple of colour pieces.
84/85 time I was developing an understanding (of sorts) of the game.
I'm also a massive fan of Bruce Springsteen.
84 he released Born in the USA and announced a UK tour in 1985, so he was getting media coverage galore over here.
On a couple of occasions, when highlights of Giants' games were shown, they'd play a Bruce song.
I recall this happening semi-regularly, but in reality I'd guess it maybe happened twice.
But that was enough for me, I made the NJ connection and the Jints have been my team since.
I wonder what would've happened had they played some Bruce prior to a Jets game.........

Of course the 86 SB win did no harm in cementing my fandom.
In the early days, coverage was limited here.
The only game shown live was the Superbowl.
I well recall listening to the American Forces Network on a.m.radio for commentary on games.
But as technology and the game's popularity in the UK developed, coverage improved.
Through the 90s we had cable and satellite,  now NFL Gamepass means I can watch every Giants game.
I've seen us live 4 times, 3 in London and one trip to the Metlife.
I'm 4-0 when watching in the flesh, so something of a lucky omen.
2) All time player, Bavaro. As a rookie fan, I reckoned the Tight End was the unsung hero of the offensive. They had to block, catch, make yards with the ball in their hands.
Nowadays a Tight End who can do everything is probably the Holy Grail of offensive coordinators.
To me, it was Mark doing Mark things back then.
All time coach,  has to be the Tuna.
I know he upset a few at the time of, and after, his departure but he's still my no. 1.

3) So many. But, in terms of a single game (and I'll leave the SBs out) but the Matt Bahr "there will be no three-peat" Championship game in the 90-91 season.
My favourite non-game memory is meeting Bavaro at Metlife.
He was doing a signing prior to my only visit (v Miami 2011 season) and I was like a teenage girl meeting Justin Beiber.
4) The picture I had taken with Bavaro the day I met him.
5) Well, I'm a soccer fan also and I'm forever making links between the Giants and my Scottish team Aberdeen.
Some are obvious (both situated on the North-East coast,  both enjoyed success in the 80s) sone tenuous (Aberdeen's all time leading goal scorer, Joe Harper, was born in Greenock, Scotland; the first ever points in a competitive NFL game in the UK were scored for the Giants by Lawrence Tynes, born Greenock, Scotland).
Something about myself? I'm an emotional sports watcher and often shed a tear while watching the Giants.
I also stick £10 on the Giants to win the Superbowl every year.
Thanks to 07 (33/1) and 11(25/1) I'm still playing with house money.....

The upcoming season, well, to me it's all about development still.
I'm of the view we could improve and have a worse record than last season.
I want to see the O line stiffen, Thibs causing mayhem and Sexy Dexy continue to live in the opposition's backfield.
And DJ to continue his incremental improvement.
4-2 in division would be nice.
Smell my cheese you mother!

MightyGiants

Quote from: MagicRat on June 02, 2023, 05:34:13 PMOK.....
My name is Ken.
1) Giants fan since 84-ish. I became a Giants fan because of Bruce Springsteen.
To explain, Channel 4 in the UK began showing NFL highlights in 1982.
I started watching it 83 ish, didn't really have a great understanding if the game, or follow it particularly closely.
We got a single weekly highlights show, as I recall about 90 minutes long,on a Sunday.
It showed the previous week's games, extended-ish highlights of two games (maybe 20 minutes or thereabouts), a roundup of the rest of the games and a couple of colour pieces.
84/85 time I was developing an understanding (of sorts) of the game.
I'm also a massive fan of Bruce Springsteen.
84 he released Born in the USA and announced a UK tour in 1985, so he was getting media coverage galore over here.
On a couple of occasions, when highlights of Giants' games were shown, they'd play a Bruce song.
I recall this happening semi-regularly, but in reality I'd guess it maybe happened twice.
But that was enough for me, I made the NJ connection and the Jints have been my team since.
I wonder what would've happened had they played some Bruce prior to a Jets game.........

Of course the 86 SB win did no harm in cementing my fandom.
In the early days, coverage was limited here.
The only game shown live was the Superbowl.
I well recall listening to the American Forces Network on a.m.radio for commentary on games.
But as technology and the game's popularity in the UK developed, coverage improved.
Through the 90s we had cable and satellite,  now NFL Gamepass means I can watch every Giants game.
I've seen us live 4 times, 3 in London and one trip to the Metlife.
I'm 4-0 when watching in the flesh, so something of a lucky omen.
2) All time player, Bavaro. As a rookie fan, I reckoned the Tight End was the unsung hero of the offensive. They had to block, catch, make yards with the ball in their hands.
Nowadays a Tight End who can do everything is probably the Holy Grail of offensive coordinators.
To me, it was Mark doing Mark things back then.
All time coach,  has to be the Tuna.
I know he upset a few at the time of, and after, his departure but he's still my no. 1.

3) So many. But, in terms of a single game (and I'll leave the SBs out) but the Matt Bahr "there will be no three-peat" Championship game in the 90-91 season.
My favourite non-game memory is meeting Bavaro at Metlife.
He was doing a signing prior to my only visit (v Miami 2011 season) and I was like a teenage girl meeting Justin Beiber.
4) The picture I had taken with Bavaro the day I met him.
5) Well, I'm a soccer fan also and I'm forever making links between the Giants and my Scottish team Aberdeen.
Some are obvious (both situated on the North-East coast,  both enjoyed success in the 80s) sone tenuous (Aberdeen's all time leading goal scorer, Joe Harper, was born in Greenock, Scotland; the first ever points in a competitive NFL game in the UK were scored for the Giants by Lawrence Tynes, born Greenock, Scotland).
Something about myself? I'm an emotional sports watcher and often shed a tear while watching the Giants.
I also stick £10 on the Giants to win the Superbowl every year.
Thanks to 07 (33/1) and 11(25/1) I'm still playing with house money.....

The upcoming season, well, to me it's all about development still.
I'm of the view we could improve and have a worse record than last season.
I want to see the O line stiffen, Thibs causing mayhem and Sexy Dexy continue to live in the opposition's backfield.
And DJ to continue his incremental improvement.
4-2 in division would be nice.

That is a great story, Ken

Thanks for sharing  :ok:
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE