News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

According to Dan Schneier's podcast-these two WRs have a lock on making the team

Started by BluesCruz, June 02, 2023, 05:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

After watching OTAs and based on last years performances

Dan has Hodgins and Hyatt making the team

All off the others will be fighting it out for the remaining spots and for the bubble it might come down to ST abilities for those others also

He sees Hodgins as the best WR despite his coming from a practice squad heritage
He is more polished, deceptive, and by far the best run blocker of the WR group

Hodgins has a way of faking out the defense and finding an open spot that makes a good target for Jones
They have a rapport.  He has the best hands and is the biggest WR target.

He makes a point of saying this might offend most fans and media projections but thats irrelevant to him
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

True Blue

So basically, our top receiver from last year, and the 3rd round pick we traded up for, and almost used our second on, are locks to make the team?

I wonder if Thibodeaux is a lock to make the team as well?

kingm56

In other news, big Dex and DJ are a lock to make the team.  Talk about a pointless article.  When I read it all I could think of was no crap. 

Hadron

Wandale won't make the team? That's awfully quick to give up on a second round pick.

Now, if there were a group of veteran WRs being compared (aka those not drafted in the last 2 years)? Sure. Crowder is less likely to make the team compared to Hodgins. Shep? Parris Campbell? Context is important.

BluesCruz

No one said anyone wasnt going to make the team

Schneier just said those two were a lock and the rest will have to fight it out for the remaining
spots

We have a lot of receivers on the present roster.  We cannot keep them all I don't think

True Blue

Quote from: BluesCruz on June 02, 2023, 12:09:57 PMNo one said anyone wasnt going to make the team

Schneier just said those two were a lock and the rest will have to fight it out for the remaining
spots

We have a lot of receivers on the present roster.  We cannot keep them all I don't think

Exactly the point, no one said they weren't making the team.

This is just silly, I can't imagine any fans are gonna get offended by this, they aren't projections, it's common sense.

True Blue

I am projecting Adoree Jackson and Xavier McKinney are locks to make the team as well. I think they are gonna surprise a lot of people when they win starting jobs.

kingm56

Quote from: True Blue on June 02, 2023, 12:24:29 PMI am projecting Adoree Jackson and Xavier McKinney are locks to make the team as well. I think they are gonna surprise a lot of people when they win starting jobs.

Pointless drivel to satisfy the advertisers, even if you just have to conjure puff pieces, makeup a narrative, or just state common sense.  I know it's tough to write for the NFL during the offseason, but this article is pure garbage.  I'd be more interested in reading about all the great things are players are doing in their communities, or how they're preparing for the upcoming season. 

BluesCruz

Quote from: True Blue on June 02, 2023, 12:24:29 PMI am projecting Adoree Jackson and Xavier McKinney are locks to make the team as well. I think they are gonna surprise a lot of people when they win starting jobs.
Yes and Daboll will likely be retained, one would think

It would be nice if we could keep all the receivers.....each has his pluses.  When cutdown day comes some will
be cast off.  I think one guage of how far we have come will be to see how mny of those get jobs on other NFL teams