News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Drew Lock-Bo Nix comparison

Started by Ed Vette, May 16, 2024, 09:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"He (Nix) had two or three down-the-field throws today. It's almost like watching a good golfer. Sometimes when you watch his game over two years, there's a patience to how he plays. The ball comes out, and—I don't want to use the term 'boring,' that's not the right term, but [he makes] pretty good decisions. With each play, the efficiency of how he's operating, and all of that."

"Former Denver Broncos head coach Vic Fangio is a big baseball fan, and he pulled out a baseball analogy during Drew Lock's rookie training camp to paint a picture of where Lock was at when he was in his first NFL camp coming out of Missouri:

"I don't think he's far along being a ready NFL quarterback as he could have been. That's what I mean when he's got to get ready. He's not a quarterback yet. He's a hard throwing pitcher that doesn't know how to pitch yet, so the faster he gets that the better off he'll be and we'll be."

https://predominantlyorange.com/posts/sean-payton-comments-on-bo-nix-reveal-just-how-bad-drew-lock-was-for-broncos-01hy12zbanka

Meanwhile, early reports out of NE on Drake Maye, are not glowing. He's got a lot of work to do.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Trench

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 16, 2024, 09:53:33 PM"He (Nix) had two or three down-the-field throws today. It's almost like watching a good golfer. Sometimes when you watch his game over two years, there's a patience to how he plays. The ball comes out, and—I don't want to use the term 'boring,' that's not the right term, but [he makes] pretty good decisions. With each play, the efficiency of how he's operating, and all of that."

"Former Denver Broncos head coach Vic Fangio is a big baseball fan, and he pulled out a baseball analogy during Drew Lock's rookie training camp to paint a picture of where Lock was at when he was in his first NFL camp coming out of Missouri:

"I don't think he's far along being a ready NFL quarterback as he could have been. That's what I mean when he's got to get ready. He's not a quarterback yet. He's a hard throwing pitcher that doesn't know how to pitch yet, so the faster he gets that the better off he'll be and we'll be."

https://predominantlyorange.com/posts/sean-payton-comments-on-bo-nix-reveal-just-how-bad-drew-lock-was-for-broncos-01hy12zbanka

Meanwhile, early reports out of NE on Drake Maye, are not glowing. He's got a lot of work to do.

Interesting regarding Maye as it pertains to our own scouting dept which wanted to give up the ship for the guy. Obviously it's week one and time will tell. Interesting however