News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Where was Kayvon all day?

Started by andrew_nyGiants, September 18, 2023, 07:52:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gman329

He has shown no ability to defeat a one on one block on the pass rush. Simple as that.

Dgoodmantrublu

Part of the problem is Wink's defense. He has never had an edge with big sack numbers for a reason. He doesn't give players at the position the freedom to rush. They are more occupying a position as they try to beat their blockers.

I am losing more faith in Wink than I am with any individual player.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Trench

I cannot understand because (unless Wink tells him he isn't allowed to sack the QB), I do see him pass rushing and making an attempt to get there - but he is easily being handled by almost every OT - most times without a double team.

If report is true and he's sulking then he had better be spoken to by one of our TEN Captains. 

DaveBrown74

Not saying anyone here is wrong, but it's funny how quickly a fan-base can sour on a coordinator it was previously over the moon on.

Thegratefulhead

He doesn't have enough junk in the trunk.

No power game.

Get in the gym.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 19, 2023, 11:49:26 AMNot saying anyone here is wrong, but it's funny how quickly a fan-base can sour on a coordinator it was previously over the moon on.

When you Micah Parsons you see a relentless, aggressive, physical pass rush attempt.  When I watch Kayvon, I see a player tip toeing around trying to find an opening.  Entirely different.

Rambo89

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 19, 2023, 11:49:26 AMNot saying anyone here is wrong, but it's funny how quickly a fan-base can sour on a coordinator it was previously over the moon on.

When players don't play well it is always the first go to blame the coach(s)
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on September 19, 2023, 12:16:52 PMWhen you Micah Parsons you see a relentless, aggressive, physical pass rush attempt.  When I watch Kayvon, I see a player tip toeing around trying to find an opening.  Entirely different.

Not sure I understand what this has to do with the point I was making about fan bases and their view of coordinators.

In any case I obviously agree that there is no comparison between these two players.

andrew_nyGiants

When I look at Kayvon, I see a player with no strategy nor tactics. I see a player relying solely on his strength and speed, which made him a lot of money based on his collegiate results...but he's not in college anymore.

His speed and strength by NFL standards are adequate which equals slightly above average in my mind.

And that alone will not get it done in the NFL.

Yes, it's on him...and the person who should be holding him accountable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 19, 2023, 12:27:41 PMNot sure I understand what this has to do with the point I was making about fan bases and their view of coordinators.

In any case I obviously agree that there is no comparison between these two players.

There was not Dave.  My bad.  Clicked on Quote by accident.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on September 19, 2023, 01:13:13 PMThere was not Dave.  My bad.  Clicked on Quote by accident.

No worries Phil. Figured as much. All good.  :cheers:

Rambo89

https://twitter.com/connor_j_hughes/status/1704238516820160763?s=61

I don't know about anyone else but this comment from him rubs me the wrong way.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 19, 2023, 05:12:26 PMhttps://twitter.com/connor_j_hughes/status/1704238516820160763?s=61

I don't know about anyone else but this comment from him rubs me the wrong way.

I'm with you.

As Parcells said, "I'm not in the excuses business."

EDjohnst1981

Last year I thought he was getting held a lot and those holds were not called.

This season he does seem pretty invisible in the pass rush. He does seem to set the edge well when defending the run.

He needs more impact on the passing game but he's not alone there either.