News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Seattle is no pushover

Started by Ed Vette, September 26, 2023, 12:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambo89

Those numbers Rich posted are ugly.  When the best ranking the Giants have is 18th passing yards against it shows how this isn't just a one side of the ball problem.  Giants have been bad in just about every aspect of the game the first 3 games of the season.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Dgoodmantrublu

No pushover. But a team ore in our weight class. Dallas and San Francisco are just above where we are now. This should be a close game. They are very similar to us.

4 Aces

Quite frankly these guys kicked the Giants rear end last year. Couldn't block them. They stuffed Jones/Barkley and easily took away the pass.

We better have a counterpunch ready, because I'll bet Pete Carroll's feeling pretty good about this game. If that royal a$$-whipping occurs again up front, same result. I'll be watching from my couch, with the season on the line.

Sem

One thing in the NYG's favor is this game will be played at home, whereas last year it was out in Seattle, traditionally a difficult stadium for visitors to play in.

I hope it's a win as I really hate the Seahawks.

TDToomer

I liked Love but looking at that PPF depth chart it doesn't appear that he is even a starter with Seattle.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Dgoodmantrublu

I watched much of the Seattle game this week. Love is definitely starting for them so far. Maybe that changes as Adams comes back. Another thing PFF is wrong about.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on September 26, 2023, 02:47:45 PMI watched much of the Seattle game this week. Love is definitely starting for them so far. Maybe that changes as Adams comes back. Another thing PFF is wrong about.

Did PFF get it wrong?

Seahawks' Jamal Adams Set For Long-Awaited Return: 'He is So Ready!'
After missing more than an entire calendar year with injury, Seattle Seahawks safety Jamal Adams will make his grand return in Week 4 against the New York Giants.

https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/seattle-seahawks-jamal-adams-injury-update-return-week-4-new-york-giants
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Dgoodmantrublu

He's going to return. Not start. And they are very different type of players. Adams is more of a linebacker type who will play close to the line of scrimmage. So yeah. They are wrong.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on September 26, 2023, 02:54:53 PMHe's going to return. Not start. And they are very different type of players. Adams is more of a linebacker type who will play close to the line of scrimmage. So yeah. They are wrong.

I tried to confirm if Adams was starting or not.  This was the best I could find

Adams has always been an every-down player in Seattle so his return to the lineup could mean demoting Julian Love, who has played all of the team's meaningful defensive snaps through three weeks. Love, a fourth-round pick of the Giants in 2019, was acquired by Seattle via free agency on a two-year, $12 million deal with the thought he could play beside Adams, but it's unclear how those two will be deployed against Love's former team. — Dugar

https://theathletic.com/4898603/2023/09/25/seahawks-jamal-adams-injury-giants/
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

They may swing Love out to Corner when Adams comes back.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 26, 2023, 12:24:40 PMI think a lot of Giants fans are thinking this game is a given. Geno Smith is a good QB and he has two lethal weapons. They are 4th in the league in scoring so far. Walker has been productive and will likely get his hundred yards while Charbonnet is lurking in the wings. And look who's leading the team in tackles.

Ed - to your point, they completely rebuilt their secondary and hit on both an early and very late draft pick to make their CBs lethal. 

Leek21

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 26, 2023, 12:26:43 PMExplain to me why Schoen didn't pay Love.

Love and Bradberry... 2 guys who he should have kept in the secondary.
I felt that way at the time, but easy saying it in hindsight.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

This is the week to replicate the second half of the Cards game.

2-2 through after 4 is more than palatable after playing Dallas and the Niners.

MightyGiants

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on September 26, 2023, 08:10:04 PMThis is the week to replicate the second half of the Cards game.

2-2 through after 4 is more than palatable after playing Dallas and the Niners.

Plus, the next two games are away games (one on a short week) against the Dolphins and the Bills.   It will be an accomplishment if they can get one win out of the two. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE