News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Seattle is no pushover

Started by Ed Vette, September 26, 2023, 12:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 26, 2023, 08:23:24 PMPlus, the next two games are away games (one on a short week) against the Dolphins and the Bills.   It will be an accomplishment if they can get one win out of the two. 

Yup, next two weeks are horrible. That's for sure.

Dgoodmantrublu

I wouldn't call their corners lethal. This is a team that has been easy to score on so far.

beaugestus

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 26, 2023, 12:26:43 PMExplain to me why Schoen didn't pay Love.

I think the Giants believe they have 2 young S's in Belton and Pinnock that they are high on. IMO, it may have been a matter of $ and they had to make cuts.

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 26, 2023, 08:23:24 PMPlus, the next two games are away games (one on a short week) against the Dolphins and the Bills.   It will be an accomplishment if they can get one win out of the two. 

I'm not expecting them to win either game.  It's why winning this week is so important IMO.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 27, 2023, 06:03:59 AMI'm not expecting them to win either game.  It's why winning this week is so important IMO.

I'm not even focused a tiny bit on Buffalo and Miami, and I really hope the team isn't either. Going back to the title of this thread, Seattle is not going to be an easy game for us. Our defense is flat out bad, and this is a high scoring offense. This is the sort of game where turnovers could be the difference, and we never seem to get turnovers.

I wouldn't say I'm "worried" about this game but I'm not brimming with confidence either. My hope is the extra 4 days will be a big help, and also the fact that Seattle has won two straight and may not be feeling quite the same urgency that we are right now could also help.

I think it's fair to say that if we lose this game the season is likely over as far as the playoffs goes. Sure, I get that it won't be completely over, but 1-3 with the remaining schedule we have is not a good situation. Heck, 2-2 with that remaining schedule isn't great either. But as stated above, we can't worry about that right now. Just stay focused on Monday night.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 27, 2023, 06:03:59 AMI'm not expecting them to win either game.  It's why winning this week is so important IMO.

No doubt, winning either game will not be easy.  The team will have to play like they did in the second half of the Cards game, to have a chance.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

4 Aces

It's just not a good opponent for the Giants to have a must win against. SEA has dominated the Giants in the trenches for years and Pete Carroll really seems to have our number.

And, of course, we're experiencing the realities of this oddly difficult (flat out weird) schedule.

*2 west coast road trips, back to back.

*A MNF game following a Thursday game. (Better to have that extra rest day after a Sunday game.)

*Long road trip to Miami after a Monday night game.

On top of playing really good teams, logistically, it's a mess.

katkavage

Jones should have a field day against that D.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: katkavage on September 27, 2023, 11:44:22 AMJones should have a field day against that D.

Agree, although I bet Seattle fans are saying the same thing about our miserable D.

Rambo89

Quote from: katkavage on September 27, 2023, 11:44:22 AMJones should have a field day against that D.

You would hope that they have a productive passing offense against Seattle given how Seattle has played against the pass in the first three weeks.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

uconnjack8

Seattle hasn't changed much about their D style of play.  Front 4 like to get up field, play a lot if zone behind it. 

If the OL blocks the pass rush well then it should allow for good movement on offense.  If their DL is better than the Giants OL, it could get ugly.

Trench

This is a MUST win. And a MUST big game for Jones since his record on National TV has been abysmal.

Messiah717

They should score against Seattle but the question is how many points Seattle puts up.