News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Thomas may have had a setback

Started by MightyGiants, September 29, 2023, 12:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I can't help but remember this from AT's presser after he signed the big contract:

Q. What was important to you in this deal?

A: I would say security was the biggest thing, guarantees, things like that. Especially with my history of ankle injuries and things of that nature. Playing offensive line, (there's) people falling on you every game, you want to be secure. You don't hope for injuries, but we know that's a thing that happens in this league.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ozzie

If he's not 100%, I say sit him. No need having this become a season long lingering injury.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Trench

sxdxca38

Quote from: ozzie on September 29, 2023, 01:29:56 PMIf he's not 100%, I say sit him. No need having this become a season long lingering injury.

Unfortunately, he's been sitting, and its looking like it's becoming a lingering injury.

DaveBrown74

10 days rest since the last game, and you're telling me his condition has WORSENED?

What's the deal with our medical and training staff?

ozzie

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 29, 2023, 03:44:05 PM10 days rest since the last game, and you're telling me his condition has WORSENED?

I think that has been a legitimate question for many seasons now.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Rambo89

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 29, 2023, 03:44:05 PM10 days rest since the last game, and you're telling me his condition has WORSENED?

It is a hamstring injury.  Those are always tricky and can have guys out longer than originally expected.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Ed Vette

He's a big guy with a lot of weight so I can see him dealing with this all season unless they give it adequate time to fully heal.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

JT39

The fact Daboll played him the majority of the Dallas game after he was injured is unjustifiable.

Our beat reporters are so bad at their jobs and never asked or pressed Daboll on it.

MightyGiants

Quote from: JT39 on September 30, 2023, 07:14:51 AMThe fact Daboll played him the majority of the Dallas game after he was injured is unjustifiable.

Our beat reporters are so bad at their jobs and never asked or pressed Daboll on it.

Can't imagine allowing him to continue to play after the injury helped the issue.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 29, 2023, 10:06:24 PMHe's a big guy with a lot of weight so I can see him dealing with this all season unless they give it adequate time to fully heal.

The thing I find troubling is that OT line play isn't particularly stressful for hamstrings.  There isn't a lot of sprinting involved.  It's rather surprising and troubling that there was a setback.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 30, 2023, 08:01:37 AMThe thing I find troubling is that OT line play isn't particularly stressful for hamstrings.  There isn't a lot of sprinting involved.  It's rather surprising and troubling that there was a setback.
There's a lot of stretching of the leg that would involve the hamstring and many other parts of the leg and foot. Additionally, a body part favored in physical activity can result in stress to another body part so the setback if there indeed is one could be a knee or the other leg or a foot.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: JT39 on September 30, 2023, 07:14:51 AMThe fact Daboll played him the majority of the Dallas game after he was injured is unjustifiable.

Disagree that it's on the coach if Thomas played when he shouldn't have. If (1) the doctors cleared him and (2) Thomas said he felt good to go, then that's never on the coach IMO. Daboll is not a doctor or a trainer. He can only go with what the professionals say and what the player himself says. I don't see how it's his fault in any way.

Trench

You're right!

I was screaming to the hills in the game thread against Dallas!...now look where we are.