News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants Fans After Losing To The Jets

Started by Ed Vette, November 01, 2023, 12:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

files58

You do know we are headed for what's mentioned at 1:47 on.  :o  ~X(  <:-P  :crazy:  :no:  :suspious:  :scared:

Ed Vette

Quote from: files58 on November 01, 2023, 12:38:43 PMYou do know we are headed for what's mentioned at 1:47 on.  :o  ~X(  <:-P  :crazy:  :no:  :suspious:  :scared:
My morning thoughts.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jolly Blue Giant

If the 1:47 remark is about using a top 2 pick on a QB, then I remind everyone that DJ isn't going to be replaced by a top 2 pick. First off, we won't get a top 2 pick, and secondly, Schoen/Daboll aren't going to spend their wad on an unproven QB from college that has about a 90% failure rate. They'll stick with Jones until they absolutely don't believe in him. And that hasn't happened and I doubt it will anytime soon. They are more concerned (IMHO) in "really fixing" the O-Line and getting a nasty ER to pair with Kayvon.
That's my opinion and I'm stickin to it  :what:

EDjohnst1981

If they draft another OL with another high pick, I think my remote will go through the TV.

Jclayton92

Daboll and Kafka not allowing Jones to run a NFL offense, and dumbing it down for Jones should tell you all you need to know about how they feel.

Not to mention they'd be absured not to get a QB if they are in reach of one just because of Jones injury history alone, the horrible Qb play is just icing on the cake.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on November 01, 2023, 02:44:37 PMIf they draft another OL with another high pick, I think my remote will go through the TV.

At something like 1:30am-2:30am local time for you Ed, that may not go over especially well with the missus!

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 01, 2023, 05:59:36 PMDaboll and Kafka not allowing Jones to run a NFL offense, and dumbing it down for Jones should tell you all you need to know about how they feel.

Not to mention they'd be absured not to get a QB if they are in reach of one just because of Jones injury history alone, the horrible Qb play is just icing on the cake.

I personally don't think they are going to roll the dice on a QB unless DJ completely looks lost the rest of the season. They won't get a shot at the "best" QB in the draft and, at "best", the 3rd or 4th "best". To move up to the top pick, it'll cost them half their early draft picks and next year's 1st, and probably more. Just to gamble on a QB coming in HOPEFULLY, ready to be the second coming of Brady or Mahommes. Schoen and Daboll don't seem to be the gambling type willing to take big risks. So I don't see it, but on the other hand (besides 4 fingers and a thumb), anything can happen in this crazy sport with crazy GMs

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 01, 2023, 06:07:12 PMAt something like 1:30am-2:30am local time for you Ed, that may not go over especially well with the missus!

LOL. Too true!

Jclayton92

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on November 01, 2023, 06:26:39 PMI personally don't think they are going to roll the dice on a QB unless DJ completely looks lost the rest of the season. They won't get a shot at the "best" QB in the draft and, at "best", the 3rd or 4th "best". To move up to the top pick, it'll cost them half their early draft picks and next year's 1st, and probably more. Just to gamble on a QB coming in HOPEFULLY, ready to be the second coming of Brady or Mahommes. Schoen and Daboll don't seem to be the gambling type willing to take big risks. So I don't see it, but on the other hand (besides 4 fingers and a thumb), anything can happen in this crazy sport with crazy GMs
I get that but in his last 15 games which is basically a season Jones has gone 4-10-1 with about 2,000 yards 11 Tds and 9 Ints. Not to mention a bulk of that production came in 2 games vs the Vikings and colts. In that time frame it's the worst in the league, so I'm not sure why we wouldn't be doing everything in our power to find someone else.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on November 01, 2023, 02:44:37 PMIf they draft another OL with another high pick, I think my remote will go through the TV.

it would be frustrating, but if we get a guy that can lock down that right side of the line, its a top 3 need on our team. i just hate that key word, if. neal was supposed to fix this problem and he just made it worse.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on November 01, 2023, 06:26:39 PMI personally don't think they are going to roll the dice on a QB unless DJ completely looks lost the rest of the season. They won't get a shot at the "best" QB in the draft and, at "best", the 3rd or 4th "best". To move up to the top pick, it'll cost them half their early draft picks and next year's 1st, and probably more. Just to gamble on a QB coming in HOPEFULLY, ready to be the second coming of Brady or Mahommes. Schoen and Daboll don't seem to be the gambling type willing to take big risks. So I don't see it, but on the other hand (besides 4 fingers and a thumb), anything can happen in this crazy sport with crazy GMs

and still no oline to play behind.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 02, 2023, 06:15:06 PMI get that but in his last 15 games which is basically a season Jones has gone 4-10-1 with about 2,000 yards 11 Tds and 6 Ints. Not to mention a bulk of that production came in 2 games vs the Vikings and colts. In that time frame it's the worst in the league, so I'm not sure why we wouldn't be doing everything in our power to find someone else.

It's a team sport. No QB is the entire team. Daboll looks at DJ and evaluates him differently than fans. Fans tend to think a good QB can carry a team on his back, regardless of the rest of the team and lack of talent across the board. There are a few sports out there that require the entire team to click, and football is at the top of the list

beaugestus

Loved the video Ed it was hilarious.