News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tommy D: Best game by any GIants QB this season to this point

Started by DaveBrown74, November 19, 2023, 04:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 20, 2023, 09:05:25 AM@T200 Tim, I would need to review the film but I thought they went Under Center in the second half more, brought in a 6th Olineman and went outside Tackle for success in the second half. It helped the passing game and yes, a successful passing game opened up the Run. This team has had success from a balanced attack.
My one question for Dab/Ka: WHERE THE HELL WAS THIS 8 GAMES AGO????  ~X(  ~X(  ~X(
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on November 20, 2023, 09:14:53 AMMy one question for Dab/Ka: WHERE THE HELL WAS THIS 8 GAMES AGO????  ~X(  ~X(  ~X(
They did design some nice plays this week but Kafka also called plays in the wrong situation because I remember yelling at the TV a few times.

They will need to add more because BB will adjust and disguise coverage to confuse Tommy this week.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Quote from: T200 on November 20, 2023, 09:14:53 AMMy one question for Dab/Ka: WHERE THE HELL WAS THIS 8 GAMES AGO????  ~X(  ~X(  ~X(
Tim: I know you and others have been calling for that for a while.

I still don't know the answer but do have a possible explanation. It has the advantage of simplicity.

Just like every other team, the coaches ask each QB what he likes best about the offense, and DeVito probably named a lot more plays and aspects of the offense which require starting from under center (in other words, those are the plays that give him - mentally, at least - the most confidence on game day.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

T200

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 20, 2023, 09:24:38 AMTim: I know you and others have been calling for that for a while.

I still don't know the answer but do have a possible explanation. It has the advantage of simplicity.

Just like every other team, the coaches ask each QB what he likes best about the offense, and DeVito probably named a lot more plays and aspects of the offense which require starting from under center (in other words, those are the plays that give him - mentally, at least - the most confidence on game day.

Bob
I'm 100% onboard with that, Bob. As Ed mentioned, they brought in a 6th OL, ran off tackle, and created lanes for 26 to run. Why wasn't that done earlier in the season? If they had trouble with speed guys coming off the edge, the simple counter would be to put an additional blocker out there. Or maybe a 2-back set with Barkley and Breida to give Jones more protection.

That's why I have been calling for Kafka's firing all season. Here's my conspiracy theory: was he setting up Jones for failure???  :-??

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 20, 2023, 09:56:57 AMJeff,

This is a parody account.  I am not sure you were aware of this.   

I am aware and was when I posted it. I quickly clarified that in this thread after the post too. My posting it was purely for lighthearted/amusement reasons. I thought everyone pretty much knew it was a parody account. I did not intend to cause confusion. If it did, I won't post these tweets again. I am pretty sure I never have in the past.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 20, 2023, 10:13:23 AMI am aware and was when I posted it. I quickly clarified that in this thread after the post too. My posting it was purely for lighthearted/amusement reasons. I thought everyone pretty much knew it was a parody account. I did not intend to cause confusion. If it did, I won't post these tweets again. I am pretty sure I never have in the past.

I would suggest if you want to post stories from fake accounts, you just qualify it as such.   I would say maybe 75% of fans are aware that the account is fake.  I don't care for the account as there is nothing in the account that makes it clear it's a parody account and as a result, I have seen more than a few fans and even pundits/media people get taken in.

Still, as long as everyone knows it's fake, the humor is certainly welcome.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 20, 2023, 10:16:49 AMI would suggest if you want to post stories from fake accounts, you just qualify it as such.   I would say maybe 75% of fans are aware that the account is fake.  I don't care for the account as there is nothing in the account that makes it clear it's a parody account and as a result, I have seen more than a few fans and even pundits/media people get taken in.

This is the third time someone posted one of his tweets here and we've discussed it each time. In all fairness to DB, he's on here more than most of us and reads everything. I don't think he posted it because he was duped. This one was especially ridiculous.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Quote from: T200 on November 20, 2023, 09:34:13 AMI'm 100% onboard with that, Bob. As Ed mentioned, they brought in a 6th OL, ran off tackle, and created lanes for 26 to run. Why wasn't that done earlier in the season? If they had trouble with speed guys coming off the edge, the simple counter would be to put an additional blocker out there. Or maybe a 2-back set with Barkley and Breida to give Jones more protection.

That's why I have been calling for Kafka's firing all season. Here's my conspiracy theory: was he setting up Jones for failure???  :-??
Tim: The conspiracy theory is possible, but unlikely. I know because I also thought of that. lol

In fact, we don't know the dynamics between Daboll and Kafka.

Suppose Kafka was telling Daboll all along the stuff that you're posting, and Daboll was not convinced until it was too late?  The only way Kafka would be fired if the situation were the opposite, with Daboll telling Kafka all along to emphasize your ideas more and Kafka just plain ignored Daboll.  Highly unlikely, IMO.

Bo

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 20, 2023, 10:16:49 AMI would suggest if you want to post stories from fake accounts, you just qualify it as such.   I would say maybe 75% of fans are aware that the account is fake.  I don't care for the account as there is nothing in the account that makes it clear it's a parody account and as a result, I have seen more than a few fans and even pundits/media people get taken in.

Understood and good idea; will do moving forward.

EDjohnst1981

I'm not buying the conspiracy theory that Kafka was trying to set Jones up for failure.

The guy is a young OC. He's not gonna deliberate choose to have stink on his hands purposively. 

T200

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 20, 2023, 10:27:00 AMTim: The conspiracy theory is possible, but unlikely. I know because I also thought of that. lol

In fact, we don't know the dynamics between Daboll and Kafka.

Suppose Kafka was telling Daboll all along the stuff that you're posting, and Daboll was not convinced until it was too late?  The only way Kafka would be fired if the situation were the opposite, with Daboll telling Kafka all along to emphasize your ideas more and Kafka just plain ignored Daboll.  Highly unlikely, IMO.

Bo
Bob,

IF your supposition is true, then my problem is with Daboll, not with Kafka. Being of sound offensive mind himself, I have a hard time seeing Daboll eschewing suggestions to make the offense look competent.

Regarding the "too late" aspect of your response, what is the "too late" you're referring to?

T200

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on November 20, 2023, 10:41:16 AMI'm not buying the conspiracy theory that Kafka was trying to set Jones up for failure.

The guy is a young OC. He's not gonna deliberate choose to have stink on his hands purposively. 
What if I gave it to you for free with a steak dinner?  ;)  :laugh:

It's probably far-fetched, I admit. But I cram to understand why the different pass protection strategies for DeVito versus Jones. It's not as if the line was serviceable to start the season and got worse as the season wore on. It was crap to begin with and they did nothing to offer Jones and Taylor more protection. How many times did Saquon go out on a wheel route this season? Who made that play call? Where was it seven weeks ago? Four weeks ago? I don't get it but that falls under the purview of the OC.

Bob In PA

Quote from: T200 on November 20, 2023, 10:46:33 AMBob,

IF your supposition is true, then my problem is with Daboll, not with Kafka. Being of sound offensive mind himself, I have a hard time seeing Daboll eschewing suggestions to make the offense look competent.

Regarding the "too late" aspect of your response, what is the "too late" you're referring to?
Tim: Or maybe they're just a 1st-time head coach & 1st-time OC learning a few things. Bob

B1GBLUE

seriously. even the announcer said they were calling plays they havent all year. saving the best for last? when we are already dead in the water? thats annoying. they also should have let tommy throw in that first game. he's capable.