News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Packers vs. Giants Predictions

Started by PackersNation, December 06, 2023, 04:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicky1000

I think the Giants win here. Giants seem to have the 2022 strategy working again. Make it ugly, win late. Yes, we have played two awful teams but our D is actually playing inspired again. 21-20 Giants

BluesCruz

Quote from: nb587 on December 08, 2023, 08:52:17 PMA few thoughts. The Packers have a good defense that is capable of getting to the QB in lots of different ways.  The Giants OL has not shown the ability to adequately pass block against teams that dont have GBs ability to get to the QB. 

Second, Winks's ability to call a game is very good but so is LaFleur.  I imagine LaFleur will come up with some plays and formations that will work considering the Giants (or Wink) haven't seen him in a very long time.  I give the edge to LaFleur even more so since I put more value of GBs winning lately as opposed to the Giants barely beating 2 very bad teams. 

Last, GB playing on a Monday night game against a bad NY team.  I'm guessing that there will be lots of cheeseheads in the stadium to nullify or temper the Giants home field advantage.  I hope I'm wrong but this could get ugly.

The Oline has played pretty well since the departure of the loud mouthed human turnstile who refuses to take orders and move inside.  They give Tommy D time but he sometimes tucks the ball and goes down when no one is open....seems to be a novel but winning strategy

The purists hate him for it...."throw it away why dont you?"....easy to say when you are in your armchair and dont have a 330Lbs monster and his friends chasing you because you held the ball

Kurt Warner in his interview on you tube with Joe Buck said "toughness" is what made him successful

Tommy D is tough
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

T200

Quite a few upsets yesterday. Green Bay's is coming tonight.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

kartanoman

If it snows in North Jersey, the Chicken Cutlet guy is a lock for a win.

I watched the opening segment of the Kings-Rangers game last night and all youze-guyz iz getting rained on.

Cheddah-heads 20, Chicken Cutlets 13.

Pass the sauce, hold the fondue, enjoy the game, cheese heads and all!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

BluesCruz

Quote from: kartanoman on December 11, 2023, 08:58:52 AMIf it snows in North Jersey, the Chicken Cutlet guy is a lock for a win.

I watched the opening segment of the Kings-Rangers game last night and all youze-guyz iz getting rained on.

Peace!

I could not unlock this thoughtful post....whats your point?
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

TDToomer

Quote from: kartanoman on December 11, 2023, 08:58:52 AMIf it snows in North Jersey, the Chicken Cutlet guy is a lock for a win.

Peace!

When was the last time it snowed at a Giants home game?

I need to make some fondue
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on December 11, 2023, 10:27:00 AMWhen was the last time it snowed at a Giants home game?

I need to make some fondue

I actually recall a Giants/Packers game played in the snow sometime in the last five years. We lost. Jones/Shep had a nice TD pass play in it though.

Thin Blue Line

The GIANTS positive turnover margins were critical in wins against Washington and New England. Absent a similar lopsided turnover margin I don't expect the win streak to continue.

Packers 24
GIANTS 13

TDToomer

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 11, 2023, 12:58:59 PMI actually recall a Giants/Packers game played in the snow sometime in the last five years. We lost. Jones/Shep had a nice TD pass play in it though.

You are correct sir.
https://nypost.com/2019/12/01/giants-stumble-to-eighth-straight-loss-in-snowy-packers-debacle/
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

kartanoman

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 11, 2023, 12:58:59 PMI actually recall a Giants/Packers game played in the snow sometime in the last five years. We lost. Jones/Shep had a nice TD pass play in it though.

Ding, ding, ding!

We have a winner, Chicken Cutlet Dinner, here!

LOL!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Giant Obsession

Giants  33
Packers 31

Hopefully our WR crew did not take off for an island vacation last week.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

kartanoman

Quote from: TDToomer on December 11, 2023, 01:58:16 PMYou are correct sir.
https://nypost.com/2019/12/01/giants-stumble-to-eighth-straight-loss-in-snowy-packers-debacle/

Here's a trivia question you can use for any true Giant fan:

This 2019 game was the first home snow game the Giants played in since the 1977 season finale against the Bears:

For '77 Bears, Giants Stadium Was a Special Place

42 years between snow games in New York is a long time. That was the year of the major northeastern blizzard which left us about three feet covered in snow. The only other snow game I can remember is the 1989 Denver game at Mile High. I think the Giants played a season ending home game in snow against Minnesota in 1973 but that was in the Yale Bowl in Connecticut.

Peace!