News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Why do you think the Cowboys do so poorly in the playoffs

Started by MightyGiants, January 14, 2024, 08:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: Messiah717 on January 15, 2024, 10:33:38 AMThe Cowboys defense has to take a big hit here.  A short field INT and pick six didn't help but they let the Packers offense steamroll them. 

The Cowboy's defense was used to playing with big leads, which naturally limited the opposing offense's running games.  Since the Packers led from the get-go, the Cowboys' defense struggled to handle a team that was just as likely to run as they were to pass.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

spiderblue43

Let's have no more Parsons is LT redux.  You could see it coming..talk is cheap..stars in his eyes..delusions. He vanished again. Presto.

It is classic Cowboys arrogance. It starts at the top filtering on down.
Every year Jerrah pumps up the helium hype and it pops in the Pokes' grasp.  Waaaah.

Messiah717

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 15, 2024, 10:36:07 AMThe Cowboy's defense was used to playing with big leads, which naturally limited the opposing offense's running games.  Since the Packers led from the get-go, the Cowboys' defense struggled to handle a team that was just as likely to run as they were to pass.

It's amazing how Aaron Jones just completely owns them. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: spiderblue43 on January 15, 2024, 10:52:46 AMLet's have no more Parsons is LT redux.  You could see it coming..talk is cheap..stars in his eyes..delusions. He vanished again. Presto.

Every year Jerrah pumps up the helium hype and it pops in the Pokes' grasp.  Waaaah.

LT came up big when the team needed him to come up big.

Parsons generated a very average 62.1 grade when the team needed him most.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

LennG

I was listening to ESPN this AM and they showed what GB was doing to neutralize Parsons and it was so simple I'm surprised other teams don't do it.
Plus the Pukes only rushed 4 guys all game with 6 DBs and GB still had guys completely wide open.

As to the OP question, I think because of JJ, they play under tremendous pressure to win it all. During the regular season, it is almost a sure thing that they make the playoffs, so there really isn't that much pressure, but come 'win or go home', JJ puts so much into winning it all that they are so tight and just don't play their natural game.
I put this all on JJ and not on McCarthy or the players. although they all choked.  Isn't it great?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on January 15, 2024, 09:27:47 AMBarry who? He gets an asterisk.

Jimmy Johnson built that team into a fine-tuned championship machine. The only thing that was going to stop them from winning that season was a major injury. Switzer was the elf on the shelf.
But, can Jimmy Johnson do the bossa nova, the dance of love?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: spiderblue43 on January 15, 2024, 10:52:46 AMLet's have no more Parsons is LT redux.  You could see it coming..talk is cheap..stars in his eyes..delusions. He vanished again. Presto.

To be fair, if we were having 12 win seasons here we'd have sky high expectations too. I wouldn't really call that arrogance, per se. It's just optimism and confidence.

Hell, you had some here calling for a "special season" in 2023 because Jones looked crisp on his throws in 7 on 7 drills in early August and they had a good first quarter series against the Panthers in a preseason game. Imagine what it would be like around here if we won the division and had the two seed in the NFC.

ralphpal1

I think people didnt realize how good the packers are
3 very good WRs
A good rb
And a very good QB

Doc16LT56

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 15, 2024, 07:17:22 AMNot only did he miss receivers, but those two pick-sixes were killer
Then he padded his stats in garbage time. People will look back at his stats in the future and think he played okay when in reality he was terrible when it mattered.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: ralphpal1 on January 15, 2024, 11:12:32 AMI think people didnt realize how good the packers are
3 very good WRs
A good rb
And a very good QB

People who were paying attention noticed them. They came on very strong in the second half. 6-2 in their last eight games I believe.

Also, they constantly had various people out during the season. Christian Watson, Aaron Jones, Jaire Alexander, and others were constantly missing time. This is about as healthy as they've been I think. Plus Love has really blossomed. He looked really good last night as well as late in the season.

spiderblue43

Dave,

How about overconfidence? They beat up mostly on tomato cans all year. How about looking so unprepared? Its been a trend for 28 years.

The fan base..the Skippys..Michael Irvins of the world also led the way. Why would Cowboy faithful drink the JerryAid again? Because that is their nature.

How Bout Dem Cowboys!!!

Messiah717

The problem is that with Jerry the show is more important than the team.  Give me a team like the Packers any day over the yearly Barnum and Bailey's Circus.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 15, 2024, 11:09:23 AMTo be fair, if we were having 12 win seasons here we'd have sky high expectations too. I wouldn't really call that arrogance, per se. It's just optimism and confidence.

Hell, you had some here calling for a "special season" in 2023 because Jones looked crisp on his throws in 7 on 7 drills in early August and they had a good first quarter series against the Panthers in a preseason game. Imagine what it would be like around here if we won the division and had the two seed in the NFC.
Our friend Tomeee would say in the parking lot before and after another bitter loss, "I would be happy to have meaningful games in December". 
RIP
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin