News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Divisional Round Games

Started by DaveBrown74, January 20, 2024, 01:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicRat

Quote from: Blue Since '62 on January 20, 2024, 07:15:30 PMRavens will win the Super Bowl easily and this could be the start of a Patriots-like domination.
Quote from: LennG on January 20, 2024, 07:28:55 PMThe trick to beating them is to contain Jackson. Once he has no where to run, he just isn't that good a passer.
I don't see the Ravens dominating for a lengthy period, in fact I don't know if they win it all this year.
If you take away Lamar's legs their O isn't all that.
If KC can negotiate Buffalo, I'd fancy Spags putting something together that gets the job done.
Smell my cheese you mother!

spiderblue43

Ravens defense is uber talented and well-coached. To be fair, they've been crushing opponents all year. Their offense doesn't have to be great..just efficient.

Going to be a huge hurdle for either the Bills or Chiefs to overcome.

An addendum: Mark Andrews should return next wwee-Lamar's security blanket.

files58

The winner today is the Lions' fans. Think about how ramped up they are. We've been there.

uconnjack8

Didnt think about the fact that this game has two QBs drafted #1.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: uconnjack8 on January 21, 2024, 03:10:49 PMDidnt think about the fact that this game has two QBs drafted #1.

Yup. I hadn't considered that either prior to the start of the game.

Goff got very lucky there on the dropped pick...   absolutely should have been picked.

I'm rooting for Detroit, but I like Todd Bowles. Seems like a quiet, classy guy and not a self-promoter type like a lot of these guys. Happy to see him get some success this year.

killarich

Goff has so much time in that Pocket..... it does not seem real.... the whole play is actually able to play out

MagicRat

Quote from: uconnjack8 on January 21, 2024, 03:10:49 PMDidnt think about the fact that this game has two QBs drafted #1.

Yet neither with the team who drafted them.
I'd guess that might be a first?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: killarich on January 21, 2024, 03:41:26 PMGoff has so much time in that Pocket..... it does not seem real.... the whole play is actually able to play out

Yup. Won't be the case next week if they win.

MagicRat

I'm pulling for whoever wins this game to win it all.
Sadly I think whoever wins this game will be cannon fodder in SF next week.

Sem

kartanoman

Quote from: MagicRat on January 21, 2024, 03:54:05 PMI'm pulling for whoever wins this game to win it all.
Sadly I think whoever wins this game will be cannon fodder in SF next week.

If you're not pulling for Purdy aka Mr. Irrelevant, then yes, next week will be the winner of this game being fed to the Lions, ahem, I mean the 49ers.

Peace.

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

MagicRat

Quote from: kartanoman on January 21, 2024, 04:07:56 PMIf you're not pulling for Purdy aka Mr. Irrelevant, then yes, next week will be the winner of this game being fed to the Lions, ahem, I mean the 49ers.

Peace.
TBH, now that the NFC East ugly sisters are gone, I'm quite chill about the play-offs.
I'd like to see Detroit or Baker have a Cinderella story but the head says that ain't happening.

Woody

Baker looks really good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kartanoman

Quote from: MagicRat on January 21, 2024, 04:16:09 PMTBH, now that the NFC East ugly sisters are gone, I'm quite chill about the play-offs.
I'd like to see Detroit or Baker have a Cinderella story but the head says that ain't happening.

I completely understand where you're coming from. Here in the Phoenix area, we're all pulling for Brock Purdy to lead the 49ers to a Super Bowl championship; not because we want the 49ers to win, per se, but because we want one of our own from here, in the Valley of the Sun, to be recognized and, especially so, for being Mr. Irrelevant which would definitely be a first if the 49ers win and he is the MVP. That's my primary reason for pulling for the 49ers since he started playing QB for them.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

MagicRat

In a 9ers v Baltimore/Buffalo SB I'm pulling for SF.
In a 9ers v KC SB I'm pulling for Spags.