News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Who would you prefer start at QB this September- Jones or DeVito

Started by BluesCruz, February 08, 2024, 05:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Money aside who would you prefer start at QB if no other better candidate appears on the scene

Jclayton92

Quote from: BluesCruz on February 10, 2024, 01:53:47 PMwith the small but incredibly successful sample size you have from Tommy
you have no way of knowing where his upper limit is

with the huge sample size of Jones you know what he is- a mediocre QB who has a slow release and trouble seeing the field or pulling the trigger

No .....the REAL problem is this is a franchise that would fit comfortably into the leather helmet era.

The root of the problem is the Mara family.  They are as stubborn as Woody Hayes

Lets share a stadium with another losing franchise, and design it to look like  an outdoor AC unit then build it on a former notorious garbage dump.

Their solution to the QB problem was fire the HC for flexing his bench and always look to what new QB prospect Duke has come up with....then reward their fans with a medium diet coke (if they can show proper credentials) to sweep away the stigma of losing

The best way to scout NFL football to them seems to put a family member in charge of the scouting department BTW

As in

"We have done everything possible to screw this poor guy up". so lets give him a contract that sets him well on his way to Billionaire status...Good Grief

If your an aging Giants fan like me, the infamous words of the Soup Nazi ring in your ears

NO MORE SOUP FOR YOU!!!!
Devitos upper limit is the bench, where Daboll sent him.

I have no clue what you are trying to say with all the rest of that so I'll just nod accordingly and go to the next thread.

BluesCruz

Quote from: Jclayton92 on February 10, 2024, 04:39:42 PMDevitos upper limit is the bench, where Daboll sent him.

I have no clue what you are trying to say with all the rest of that so I'll just nod accordingly and go to the next thread.

Tommy DeVito College Career-

Tommy DeVito, who started 15 games over his four years at Syracuse, started in each of Illinois' 13 games during the 2022 season. His 69.6 completion percentage his last season was good for fourth in the nation, tops in the Big Ten and the best in school history.Dec 12, 2023

Daniel Jones college career-

Daniel Jones was 22-37-1 in his career at Duke
He had average individual stats for a backwater Football College- Duke

Its kind of hard to see what Gettleman saw in Jones

Daniel Jones is certainly the most controversial draft pick of the Gettleman era. Few if any saw him as worthy of the No. 6 pick, and questions remain about what his ceiling is.

Reality Bites 
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Gmo11

Quote from: BluesCruz on February 12, 2024, 09:15:24 AMTommy DeVito College Career-

Tommy DeVito, who started 15 games over his four years at Syracuse, started in each of Illinois' 13 games during the 2022 season. His 69.6 completion percentage his last season was good for fourth in the nation, tops in the Big Ten and the best in school history.Dec 12, 2023

Daniel Jones is certainly the most controversial draft pick of the Gettleman era. Few if any saw him as worthy of the No. 6 pick, and questions remain about what his ceiling is.

Reality Bites 

Devito isn't good.  Nor was he successful.  He played himself to the bench the minute Taylor was healthy.   

Jclayton92

Quote from: BluesCruz on February 12, 2024, 09:15:24 AMTommy DeVito College Career-

Reality Bites 
Dude why do you keep selling me on Devito over Jones, I have now told you multiple times that I don't like either Qb. Do you not read the other threads? Seriously because I am not a fan of DJs game and yet you keep acting as if I'm going to bat for Jones when in REALITY I'm telling you neither qb is a starter in the NFL.

Also Devito was benched and replaced by Garett Shrader which is why he went to Illinois.