News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: 49ers fire their DC after the Super Bowl

Started by shadowspinner0, February 14, 2024, 04:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

Interesting that the 49rs didnt consider Wink if they were already thinking of a change.

I guess the timing was just not there.  Wink might finally have put them over the top.  I think he would have stopped KC on that overtime drive. Hypothetically of course.

They seemed to have no pass rush at all at that point....perhaps just tired legs at that point

Funny- It was our lack of subs on the D line that led to our loss to the 49rs in the ice chip bowl.  I remember Ernie Accorsi lamenting that on a NY radio show the next morning from his hotel room in San Fran

Ernie said he would take that loss with him to his grave
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

uconnjack8

Does anyone think Wilkes would have been fired if they won?

MightyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on February 15, 2024, 11:43:37 AMDoes anyone think Wilkes would have been fired if they won?

It would be tough to fire a guy after winning your league championship.

Still, I couldn't help but feel te way Wilkes having his defenders playing so far off the LOS in the 4th quarter and OT helped the Chiefs win the game by gifting them easy yardage

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ralphpal1

While watching the game my brother pointed out purdy kept hiking the ball with 10 seconds left on the clock while they were trying to run out the clock
Just like the falcon and pats game

beaugestus

I don't know if this would have made a difference, but they kept mentioning all game they wanted to contain Mahomes to the outside, sometimes players mess up.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: madbadger on February 14, 2024, 04:38:17 PMToo bad this didn't happen a couple weeks ago before we hired Bowen. Not that I think that Bowen can't be a really good coordinator it's just that he's an unknown. Wilks is an excellent coordinator who is being scapegoated to protect the golden child head coach.

now why would Wilks want to come to this debacle anyway? The New York "3 and out" Giants?
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

madbadger

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on February 18, 2024, 01:33:53 AMnow why would Wilks want to come to this debacle anyway? The New York "3 and out" Giants?

There are no coordinator jobs available right now to my knowledge. Teams don't disclose what coaches get paid but considering that top college coordinators make in excess of a million dollars a year it isn't unreasonable that a top NFL coordinator is north of $2 million. Even if he can't command that he's still going to miss out on $1 million+ waiting for another gig next year. I have some pride but not nearly enough to turn my nose up at that sort of scratch.