News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

WR Mike Evans re-signs with Bucs. Reported that Giants had interest

Started by MightyGiants, March 04, 2024, 10:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8

Are the Giants going to be listed as interested in every well known FA?  They don't have a ton of cap space and already they have been tied to Danielle Hunter and Mike Evans. 

If you were Mike Evans, would you be looking to come to NY at this point? 

If there is any truth to this interest, maybe it's a hint to the type of WR the Giants are looking to add this offseason.

Somehow though, I don't see signing a guy like Evans to aa 2 year deal as being the right move.

spiderblue43

Evans wanted no part of our heroes. Can you blame him? But he's probably an example of what their looking for (Odunze?) at the position. I thought KC would push for him, but they have a lot to sort out cap wise.

MightyGiants

If the Giants are in the veteran WR market it may be an indicator that they are thinking QB in round one
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 04, 2024, 10:27:46 AMIf the Giants are in the veteran WR market it may be an indicator that they are thinking QB in round one

"If" is the operative word.  It stands to reason that any team with cap space and the need for a #1 WR when asked would say they hope to land Evans
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on March 04, 2024, 11:51:30 AM"If" is the operative word.  It stands to reason that any team with cap space and the need for a #1 WR when asked would say they hope to land Evans

I have to think the Giants want to draft a top WR at 6 they will be able to do so.  With Won'Dale, Hyatt, and Slayton, the need at WR is considerably less than it is at Edge, Guard/OT, DT, CB, TE (if Waller retires), and QB (and maybe RB).
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

files58

$26MM per year. How much money is the league really making? I'd like just one hour at Goodell's printing press.

MightyGiants

Quote from: files58 on March 04, 2024, 12:01:42 PM$26MM per year. How much money is the league really making? I'd like just one hour at Goodell's printing press.

Each teams makes:

Roughly $342.6 million minus non-player costs plus misc revenues not included in cap calculations.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 04, 2024, 11:53:40 AMI have to think the Giants want to draft a top WR at 6 they will be able to do so.  With Won'Dale, Hyatt, and Slayton, the need at WR is considerably less than it is at Edge, Guard/OT, DT, CB, TE (if Waller retires), and QB (and maybe RB).

Yep, they have a lot of positional needs.  But they also need someone who can create nightmares for a DC and while I like the 3 WRs, this room could use a stud. For me, take the highest rated player on the board at #6, regardless of position.  With so many needs how can you go wrong?

Ed Vette

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on March 04, 2024, 12:10:15 PMYep, they have a lot of positional needs.  But they also need someone who can create nightmares for a DC and while I like the 3 WRs, this room could use a stud. For me, take the highest rated player on the board at #6, regardless of position.  With so many needs how can you go wrong?
Who would be the player who would separate themselves from the pack in the top six?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kingm56

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on March 04, 2024, 12:10:15 PMYep, they have a lot of positional needs.  But they also need someone who can create nightmares for a DC and while I like the 3 WRs, this room could use a stud. For me, take the highest rated player on the board at #6, regardless of position.  With so many needs how can you go wrong?

Isn't that what the Giants have done for a decade? BPA?

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 04, 2024, 12:12:29 PMWho would be the player who would separate themselves from the pack in the top six?

Assuming the top 3 QBs and MHjr are gone in first 4, Giants are probably picking from Alt, Nabers or Odunze (2 of these 3 should be available).  As much as I believe to my core that nothing happens w/o a good line, if the choice came down to Alt and one of the WRs, I'd select the wideout

Ed Vette

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on March 04, 2024, 02:20:59 PMAssuming the top 3 QBs and MHjr are gone in first 4, Giants are probably picking from Alt, Nabers or Odunze (2 of these 3 should be available).  As much as I believe to my core that nothing happens w/o a good line, if the choice came down to Alt and one of the WRs, I'd select the wideout
If Alt played his ; last 30 games at RT, I would draft him, but he hasn't and I would take Odunze.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 04, 2024, 02:24:57 PMIf Alt played his ; last 30 games at RT, I would draft him, but he hasn't and I would take Odunze.

What if it's Alt vs Nabers?