News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants Done with Daniel Jones?

Started by Jclayton92, March 05, 2024, 08:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

files58

Quote from: Sem on March 06, 2024, 07:13:59 PMThat's awesome!! I never saw them in concert, nor would I consider myself a big Grateful Dead fan. I only have one of their albums - "Wake of the Flood," which I do really like. Also a few years ago @weeze burned me a copy of "American Beauty." Aside from those two albums I'm only familiar with their hits. Though I have known about the significance of the 1970 Binghamton concert, in the grand scheme of things, because I don't live totally under a rock.  =))

There is a famous quote "there is nothing like a Grateful Dead concert". It's true. At my first aforementioned concert I was straight, just on oxygen, and the music itself just blew me away, floating on a cloud. They had the best sound system in the business. A formula that has been copied. Their music is an amalgam of several genres. Rock, country, bluegrass, and jazz. Jerry was greatly influenced by bluegrass, Phil Lesh the bassist was classically trained. Ok so you're familiar with Wake of the Flood. Albums are nice but their genius is live. Improvisational jamming at it's best. No two shows are alike. Go onto archive.org and you can search Grateful Dead. Listen to the Mississippi Half Step from the 77' show I posted, you can go to you tube and search Grateful Dead, or just search Eyes of the World, Here Comes Sunshine and you'll get a feel for live vs album. Turn it up, and enjoy. There is a reason so many of us Heads travelled around to see them. Another famous quote "they're not the best at what they do, but the only ones who do what they do".

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 06, 2024, 08:19:56 PMhttps://youtu.be/Lpa9_QDf068?si=p5Gj1j0zDyj8QF6V

Think they have a good conversation from both sides of the opinion.
These fucking guys are exhausting. No you don't need to start a rookie QB week one ya moron. Start Jones and work the kid in when the time presents itself and the kid is somewhat prepared. Get a qualified backup on a one year deal as insurance.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Sem

Quote from: files58 on March 06, 2024, 08:54:24 PMThere is a famous quote "there is nothing like a Grateful Dead concert". It's true. At my first aforementioned concert I was straight, just on oxygen, and the music itself just blew me away, floating on a cloud. They had the best sound system in the business. A formula that has been copied. Their music is an amalgam of several genres. Rock, country, bluegrass, and jazz. Jerry was greatly influenced by bluegrass, Phil Lesh the bassist was classically trained. Ok so you're familiar with Wake of the Flood. Albums are nice but their genius is live. Improvisational jamming at it's best. No two shows are alike. Go onto archive.org and you can search Grateful Dead. Listen to the Mississippi Half Step from the 77' show I posted, you can go to you tube and search Grateful Dead, or just search Eyes of the World, Here Comes Sunshine and you'll get a feel for live vs album. Turn it up, and enjoy. There is a reason so many of us Heads travelled around to see them. Another famous quote "they're not the best at what they do, but the only ones who do what they do".

Thanks I appreciate your reply. I'll definitely listen to those songs. I remember buying Wake of the Flood as a teen even though I was completely unfamiliar with anything on the album. It was in the cut outs for a couple bucks, I'd heard some of their songs and thought I'd give it a try. It became one of my go-to late night chill albums. I no longer have it, or any of my old LPs as I donated my turntable and albums, not wanting to pack and move them from NY to CA. But before I did I digitized a bunch of albums, Wake of the Flood being one of them. The copy sits on my music server and I still listen to it from time to time.

files58

Quote from: Sem on March 06, 2024, 10:16:01 PMThanks I appreciate your reply. I'll definitely listen to those songs. I remember buying Wake of the Flood as a teen even though I was completely unfamiliar with anything on the album. It was in the cut outs for a couple bucks, I'd heard some of their songs and thought I'd give it a try. It became one of my go-to late night chill albums. I no longer have it, or any of my old LPs as I donated my turntable and albums, not wanting to pack and move them from NY to CA. But before I did I digitized a bunch of albums, Wake of the Flood being one of them. The copy sits on my music server and I still listen to it from time to time.

Here is a great Eyes of the World played at one of their iconic shows, Englishtown, NJ 9/3/77 in front of about 150,000 folks. That's right 150,000.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30f_Eo9ynW8&ab_channel=GottMike1832

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 06, 2024, 06:56:33 PMYou mentioned "60 games".  Why pick that number?  How many of those games were played prior to Schoen and Daboll signing him to the big-ticket deal?   The reality is you have 4 complete games (one with a record comeback) and 2 partial games where, in the span of those five-plus games, he was sacked 30 times.  That is the point Reddick is making.  It's pretty fickle to take that small sample size under terrible conditions and declare one was right all along that DJ was no good.  Then again, as you bring up later in the post, you have an eye toward wanting to say you were right and others were wrong, so that could skew your judgment just a smidge.

That number is relevant because it shows the complete body of work that Jones has put on film. If we're being honest, the deal should not have been made based on one good season out of five.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think the games Jones played prior to Schoen taking over didn't factor into the decision to *NOT* pick up the 5th-year option. Mara's preference to keep Jones absolutely factored into that decision as well.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 06, 2024, 08:58:42 PMThese fucking guys are exhausting. No you don't need to start a rookie QB week one ya moron. Start Jones and work the kid in when the time presents itself and the kid is somewhat prepared. Get a qualified backup on a one year deal as insurance.

They are insufferable.  Morning hosts on talk radio here in NY and I'd rather listen to opera than these two.  Licata subscribes to the theory that by yelling loudest you win the argument.  They're also the clowns who hung up on Carl Banks
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Painter

Giants Done with Daniel Jones? After this year, almost certainly even if he has what Giants fans would consider a really good season. It's a matter of economic exigency whether or not it brings relief or agita to Schoen and/or Daboll.

Cheers!

files58

Quote from: Painter on March 07, 2024, 12:03:05 PMGiants Done with Daniel Jones? After this year, almost certainly even if he has what Giants fans would consider a really good season. It's a matter of economic exigency whether or not it brings relief or agita to Schoen and/or Daboll.

Cheers!

Instead of NY or Giants on the side of their helmets they should put Agita. I'm laughing thinking about it. Would make for great commentary by the talking heads, and announcers. 

Ed Vette

Quote from: Painter on March 07, 2024, 12:03:05 PMGiants Done with Daniel Jones? After this year, almost certainly even if he has what Giants fans would consider a really good season. It's a matter of economic exigency whether or not it brings relief or agita to Schoen and/or Daboll.

Cheers!

You're making too much sense Larry. Better to build on a Rookie contract.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kingm56

Cheers!

Exactly, Larry; irregardless if you like Jones or not, there's zero debate relating to his production relative to his contract, especially in the 3rd/4th year.  When you factor the limited 2025 QB draft options, it seems logical our Giants would attempt to address the position this year.  Regardless if the 2024 draft affords them said opportunity or not, it's highly probable next season will be DJs last with the football Giants.  To that end, I really don't believe there's anything confrontational about Eisen's comments.