News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

With their 6th round pick the Giants draft LB Darius Muasau

Started by MightyGiants, April 27, 2024, 04:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I think this young man is Coughlin's replacement

Q. Could you do me one quickie on the kid from UCLA, what did you see from him?

JOE SCHOEN: Yeah, he's a good football player. He was actually with Ghoby (Michael Ghobrial), our special teams coach, they crossed paths at Hawaii. 440 career tackles, hasn't missed a game, smart, tough, dependable, instinctive. Our special teams coach, he's coached him, has a vision for him on special teams. He was at the East-West, and I would say -- Tyrone Tracy was, too. Having our coaches and Shea at the Senior Bowl with Theo. I think there's a little bit of competitive advantage in terms of -- again, going back to Dabs' staff and their willingness to sacrifice their time to help us in this process, and I would say all three of those guys that we took today, our coaches had intimate knowledge of those guys from the all-star games.

So we are excited about Darius. He's a good football player. He's a good football player.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I know zilch about this guy as I don't watch all that much Pac-12 football. Seems like a nice kid. We'll see how he looks in camp and the preseason. We could certainly use another competent ILB who can help on specials. I wish him luck.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

IMO what they get out of this player could change a solid draft into a home run. Players from the various islands of the south Pacific have done well in the NFL and I see him as the player taken by the Giants who is most likely to exceed expectations (if you consider the round in which a player was taken as indicative of expectations). Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!