News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tyler Nubin makes a promise to NYG fans

Started by MightyGiants, April 30, 2024, 01:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ozzie

Well, I like that he has a sense of humor
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Jolly Blue Giant

I was going to say the same thing...he has a sense of humor and he obviously follows "where players go wrong"

Judging by his breakdown when he got the call, and his family surrounding him that is his natural family since birth, who have stood behind him all the way...he's going to have high character, and will take to coaching in earnest. I love this guy and hope he's the ball hawk he was in college
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

A sense of humor is great and all, but I might have waited until I have taken a single NFL snap or possibly even made a single tackle before I started dissing people like Sterling Shepard and even OBJ, both of whom have made material contributions to this franchise.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 30, 2024, 09:03:49 PMA sense of humor is great and all, but I might have waited until I have taken a single NFL snap or possibly even made a single tackle before I started dissing people like Sterling Shepard and even OBJ, both of whom have made material contributions to this franchise.

Schoen talked about Nubin being a "culture setter".   This is exactly how you set a culture, calling out behavior that hurts the team rather than helping it.  I can't wait to see how he is in a couple of seasons.  I have a feeling the Giants have found themselves a true team leader.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kartanoman

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 01, 2024, 08:48:01 AMSchoen talked about Nubin being a "culture setter".   This is exactly how you set a culture, calling out behavior that hurts the team rather than helping it.  I can't wait to see how he is in a couple of seasons.  I have a feeling the Giants have found themselves a true team leader.

He's won my vote with that one! If he follows through, I can't wait to see the cultural development of the defense and, in particular, the secondary.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

y_so_blu