News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT I was hit by a car

Started by MightyGiants, Today at 04:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc16LT56

Get well soon, MG. We are all rooting for you 🙏🏼

My sister was hit by a car a few years back similar to how you described your experience. She ended up with a broken leg among other injuries. It's a truly scary thing and takes a while to recover from. Take your time with the recovery.

MightyGiants

Well I have a broken toe that I need to have splinted and see a podiatrist because the doc says they don't always heal well.

Now I am going to get a hip xray because he does not trust how stoic I am about the foot.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

files58

Feel better soon. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery.

PSUBeirut

Hate to hear it.  Hope all heals fully, sir!

ozzie

Oh no! Sorry I just saw this now Rich. How awful. I truly hope you are OK and have a full recovery.
Please keep us posted on your condition and progress.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Jolly Blue Giant

Just reading this...WOW  :o

So sorry man. What a horrible experience. I actually pray when I say I'll pray for someone, and I'll definitely add you to my prayer list. Heal quickly and I hope there's no lasting issues
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on Today at 07:05:21 PMWell I have a broken toe that I need to have splinted and see a podiatrist because the doc says they don't always heal well.

Now I am going to get a hip xray because he does not trust how stoic I am about the foot.
What amazes me is after all that happened, you actually took the time to make this an NFT thread. 😆
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

nb587

Hope you feel better and recover quickly.  Take it easy especially when the pain meds wear off.  And, if they prescribe painkillers, take them if you need them. I tried being a macho man and not take anything and my blood pressure went through the roof.  Rest up

MightyGiants

Going home on crutches the fracture is a significant one.  My hip is just bruised.   The doc said it's the toe, but it's the joint in the foot.  I might need surgery.   So I will have a busy couple of days visiting the dentist and the foot doctor.  Other than that, I should be okay.   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on Today at 08:27:18 PMGoing home on crutches the fracture is a significant one.  My hip is just bruised.   The doc said it's the toe, but it's the joint in the foot.  I might need surgery.   So I will have a busy couple of days visiting the dentist and the foot doctor.  Other than that, I should be okay.   
Ouch. Which foot is it?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

sxdxca38

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we are so thankful that you will be okay.

I'm so sorry for the pain that you are in, and that this even happened to you. Just know that we are all here for you, and if you need to reach out to any one of us, please feel free to do so.

Also, I will say a prayer for you as well, and please hang in there and keep us posted.