News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What area would you like to still see the Giants add talent?

Started by MightyGiants, April 30, 2024, 12:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What area would you like to see the Giants add talent

MightyGiants

I appreciate that many fans want the Giants to add a QB, but that isn't what this poll is about.  This is your biggest (non-QB, if so inclined) area of concern.  Where would you like to see the Giants add more talent?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

londonblue

In order:

1. 3T because we do not have a natural one who can pass rush
2. Boundary corner because we only have one plus hopes
3. RG specifically because Eluemunor will beat out Neal at RT
4. Swing T (Tyre Phillips if fit) because if Eluemunor beats out Neal we cannot then rely on Neal as swing T
5. Edge because we do not have a 4th option worth a damn
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

Uncle Mickey

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 30, 2024, 12:14:48 PMI appreciate that many fans want the Giants to add a QB, but that isn't what this poll is about.  This is your biggest (non-QB, if so inclined) area of concern.  Where would you like to see the Giants add more talent?

Gotta be the veteran CB after losing Adoree and only having a sophomore Banks , maybe McCloud and then a bunch of what-if's!

I think signing 5 OL and having Neal and Eluemenor and then Ezeudu and Stinnie all under a better coach in Brillo Pad the OL should be fine (or at least average which is a whole lot better than league worst by a mile).

The DT would be nice too but it's not as barren as we are at CB when you need 3-4 capable or better ones in the modern passing game.

MightyGiants

Quote from: londonblue on April 30, 2024, 12:21:14 PMIn order:

1. 3T because we do not have a natural one who can pass rush
2. Boundary corner because we only have one plus hopes
3. RG specifically because Eluemunor will beat out Neal at RT
4. Swing T (Tyre Phillips if fit) because if Eluemunor beats out Neal we cannot then rely on Neal as swing T
5. Edge because we do not have a 4th option worth a damn

I hadn't thought about edge, but I agree it would be nice to have another one that can be counted on when Ojulari suffers his annual injuries
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

gregf

What defense are we running?   Is it a 4, 2, 5?  How many D tackles do we need?  We lost Roninson and Williams. The D tackle depth is my concern, particularly if we need 3 DTs on the field. If only 2, not so much.

AZGiantFan

Whatever position Bowen thinks is most important, in his defense, for stopping the run.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Jolly Blue Giant

If we could pick more than one option, I'd click both 3T and boundary corner, as I see them equally important...probably the 3T more, just because we didn't draft any (maybe Casey Rogers will surprise  :-?? ). Unfortunately, this draft had some good 3Ts, but they were gone fast. We might have been able to get Wingo (not sure when he went, but it was much later than expected). I was hoping for Myles Cole who is listed as an ER, but was 6'5/295 and went late (7th rd to Jacksonville). I thought he could be groomed for 3T because of his size and being a successful ER

I would like a proven boundary corner, but also would like to see Flott and Hawkins III get plenty of reps to grow into the position. They don't learn the finer nuances of the position from the bench or in front of a white board. Still, a proven vet would be nice...especially if we were "going for it" this year (which I don't think we are)

I'm pretty happy where we're at and hope Daboll will allow the rookies to get their lumps by playing them. They need as much on-field experience as possible. It requires delayed gratification, which is in short supply among most fans, but I'm all for it. I'm not expecting a run for the Lombardi and would rather lose a couple of games we could have won, but got rookies plenty of time in the game
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

andrew_nyGiants

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

SUPERSEE

1 - Edge .. we currently have no pass rush
2 - OL .. we currently have little OL
can we please get somebody who dominate at the line, other than Dex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveBrown74

I went for veteran 3-tech D. I'm not sure what's still out there but we never really replaced Leo and Ashawn is gone. We have no depth at this position. It's a problem.

Uncle Mickey

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 30, 2024, 04:12:02 PMIf we could pick more than one option, I'd click both 3T and boundary corner, as I see them equally important...probably the 3T more, just because we didn't draft any (maybe Casey Rogers will surprise  :-?? ). Unfortunately, this draft had some good 3Ts, but they were gone fast. We might have been able to get Wingo (not sure when he went, but it was much later than expected). I was hoping for Myles Cole who is listed as an ER, but was 6'5/295 and went late (7th rd to Jacksonville). I thought he could be groomed for 3T because of his size and being a successful ER

I would like a proven boundary corner, but also would like to see Flott and Hawkins III get plenty of reps to grow into the position. They don't learn the finer nuances of the position from the bench or in front of a white board. Still, a proven vet would be nice...especially if we were "going for it" this year (which I don't think we are)

I'm pretty happy where we're at and hope Daboll will allow the rookies to get their lumps by playing them. They need as much on-field experience as possible. It requires delayed gratification, which is in short supply among most fans, but I'm all for it. I'm not expecting a run for the Lombardi and would rather lose a couple of games we could have won, but got rookies plenty of time in the game

JOLLY by GOLLY!

Who needs another DT when we got this guy?!

Get to the 4th or 5th highlight.....shades of Steve DeOssie this guy (except at DT)  :P

https://youtu.be/orplWj79jdc?si=29Uu-a--2FRIL7F5