News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

With their 6th round pick the Giants draft LB Darius Muasau

Started by MightyGiants, April 27, 2024, 04:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Never heard of him. /sarcasm/ He's on Brugler's Beast... must have a special skill of which I'm unaware. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Bob In PA

Maybe they've planning to convert him to fullback lol (or to a "need-2-yds-RB" as others have discussed). Bob

MightyGiants

Nick Falato
@nickfalato
The #Giants select Darius Muasau at pick 183, an undersized LB out of UCLA

He was a tackling machine who recorded 440 tackles in college and led his teams in tackles in each of the last four seasons.

He attended Hawaii initially and transferred to UCLA in 2022. He will be a depth behind Okereke and McFadden. Muasau had 573 special teams snaps and was a special teams MVP as a freshman at Hawaii.

I will get to his film over the next few days.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

From the Eagles' "Cheat Sheet"

"Darius Muasau (UCLA) – A four-year college starter, first at Hawaii and then at UCLA, Muasau has played more defensive snaps than any linebacker drafted in the last decade, and the production has followed him despite that high amount of reps. An outstanding blitzer who stacked up sack production, Muasau was a disruptive force downhill for the Bruins and has been a forceful presence on special teams as well throughout his career. It's easy to see the role he can carve out for himself in the league."

Special Teams - I'm beginning to see a pattern
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

londonblue

Special teams guy and offers a bit of interior schemed pass rush together with reliable tackling but his limited athleticism tends to means those tackles are further off the LoS than with Okereke and McFadden.

A surprise to me with Mahogany, Boyd and Wingo on the board. Have to assume some medical issue with Mahogany.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

GloryDays

I don't know but they went totally opposite of building up the trenches... no Linemen, offense or defense!
Either they are onto something or they are really inept.
The only clear thing is, we should know by the end of this year if these guys are worthy of the job or not.

DaveBrown74

There must be something wrong with Mahogany that all the front offices know about but that eluded all the draftniks and mocksters. Everyone knows who he is. That he keeps getting passed on has to be for a reason.

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 27, 2024, 04:27:30 PMNick Falato
@nickfalato
The #Giants select Darius Muasau at pick 183, an undersized LB out of UCLA

He was a tackling machine who recorded 440 tackles in college and led his teams in tackles in each of the last four seasons.

He attended Hawaii initially and transferred to UCLA in 2022. He will be a depth behind Okereke and McFadden. Muasau had 573 special teams snaps and was a special teams MVP as a freshman at Hawaii.

I will get to his film over the next few days.

Rich: Sounds like a legitimate "pot shot" (which reminds me... one under-sized linebacker I thought would do well in the NFL - Eagles drafted him 2-3 yrs ago (Georgia Bulldogs) isn't really panning out. They over-paid. Bob

MightyGiants

183. NEW YORK GIANTS: DARIUS MUASAU, LB UCLA
Height: 6-foot

Weight: 225 pounds

STRENGTHS
Effort
Blitzing ability
WEAKNESSES
Coverage potential
Power
Team Fit: Darius Muasau is an undersized Mike linebacker who lacks an elite trait and has tight hips, but his pursuit effort and plus blitz ability should allow him to compete for an NFL roster spot.

Grade: C-

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: londonblue on April 27, 2024, 04:30:35 PMSpecial teams guy and offers a bit of interior schemed pass rush together with reliable tackling but his limited athleticism tends to means those tackles are further off the LoS than with Okereke and McFadden.

A surprise to me with Mahogany, Boyd and Wingo on the board. Have to assume some medical issue with Mahogany.

london: I think his potential exceeds just special teams. He will be voted most likely to get himself injured because he's under-sized, but the kid is fearless and willing to sacrifice his body to make a tackle. Bob

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

killarich

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 27, 2024, 04:29:07 PMFrom the Eagles' "Cheat Sheet"

"Darius Muasau (UCLA) – A four-year college starter, first at Hawaii and then at UCLA, Muasau has played more defensive snaps than any linebacker drafted in the last decade, and the production has followed him despite that high amount of reps. An outstanding blitzer who stacked up sack production, Muasau was a disruptive force downhill for the Bruins and has been a forceful presence on special teams as well throughout his career. It's easy to see the role he can carve out for himself in the league."

Special Teams - I'm beginning to see a pattern

He kind of reminds me of Khaseem Greene when drafted out of Rutgers

He was a beast at RU and broke all kind of records ... but lasted until the 4th round because he was considered undersized in NFL standards

Didnt really have a great NFL career

But the league is smaller and faster now... maybe we can get something out of this kid