News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Camp Summary Going Into The Last Quest Practice

Started by Ed Vette, August 05, 2023, 10:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bighitterdalama

Ed, this is excellent stuff. Great for those of us who can't make camp (Lord I miss those days) and must rely on the camp reports of others. A (maybe not so) quick question: I've felt since the end of last season that a huge need for the Giants was to solidify the defensive line rotation, a unit that, excluding Dex and Leo, was just plain bad. How have Nacho and Riley looked? A'Shawn Robinson, who is still on the PUP, looked to be moving well in sideline agility drill I saw on tape. Did you hear any word on his return? Haven't heard a word on DJ Davidson (also on PUP); any talk about him? Any other players showing anything of note?

Again, thanks loads, Ed.

Ed Vette

Quote from: bighitterdalama on August 06, 2023, 11:34:14 AMEd, this is excellent stuff. Great for those of us who can't make camp (Lord I miss those days) and must rely on the camp reports of others. A (maybe not so) quick question: I've felt since the end of last season that a huge need for the Giants was to solidify the defensive line rotation, a unit that, excluding Dex and Leo, was just plain bad. How have Nacho and Riley looked? A'Shawn Robinson, who is still on the PUP, looked to be moving well in sideline agility drill I saw on tape. Did you hear any word on his return? Haven't heard a word on DJ Davidson (also on PUP); any talk about him? Any other players showing anything of note?

Again, thanks loads, Ed.
I know nothing about the PUP players. I like Nacho and when they are all back they should be a solid group. The big difference should be the off ball LBs who have Gap responsibilities in Run Support. That's an improvement with Bobby O. and McFadden, CC and CB with another year under their belts and Beavers back. It's tough to judge the Dline with no tackling and most of the pressure coming from the Blitzes.
If not for the Blitzes, there was time in the pocket for those deep passes.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Trench

How did we look at the safety position after losing Love?

Jclayton92

Quote from: Trench on August 06, 2023, 02:50:08 PMHow did we look at the safety position after losing Love?
In my opinion we have 3 guys in McCain, Pinnock, and McCloud that can each do the things that Love did but not everything. Like Pinnock is really good at tackling, McCloud is really good in coverage, and McCain at explosive plays ie turnovers but none yet can do all 3 like Love could.