News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NYT "Connections" Game

Started by DaveBrown74, October 20, 2023, 10:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Connections
Puzzle #307
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #307
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
I actually knew purple but chose to leave it last as the others were easy today.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 13, 2024, 06:13:24 AMConnections
Puzzle #307
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
I actually knew purple but chose to leave it last as the others were easy today.

I didn't get purple before the others but when it got eliminated down to that four I knew the connection immediately.

We definitely have the easy guy on his shift right now. Will probably get harder again by early next week.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 13, 2024, 06:37:44 AMI didn't get purple before the others but when it got eliminated down to that four I knew the connection immediately.

We definitely have the easy guy on his shift right now. Will probably get harder again by early next week.
It's tricky when multiple words have more than one meaning. Although we are also getting better at the game. This game doesn't have a streak like Wordle does. Most people quit playing Wordle every day after they lose a long streak. I may decide to do that too. I'm at 317 days. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 13, 2024, 06:56:26 AMIt's tricky when multiple words have more than one meaning. Although we are also getting better at the game. This game doesn't have a streak like Wordle does. Most people quit playing Wordle every day after they lose a long streak. I may decide to do that too. I'm at 317 days. 

Definitely impressive.

I stopped doing Wordle mainly because I only have (or want to spend) so much time a day on these games, and Wordle was starting to get tired for me. Once in a while I still do it, but I don't bother posting.

Waffles I stopped doing altogether as it was just too easy to bother. There's basically almost zero chance of striking out in that game, which to me makes it not interesting. I like games where I have a legitimate chance of failing. Getting something right every day without fail gets boring after a while. I know the bigger waffles or waffles deluxe or whatever they call it is tougher, but it's the same idea.

With Connections, you can definitely get stumped. The only negative is sometimes when you get stumped it's because the connections are lame or you got something right but it wasn't right according to them. Still, this is by far my favorite of these games.

With strands, you're always going to get home, but it's down to how many hints you use. Getting it right with zero hints is satisfying and usually not easy as the opening tip to the category is often very ambiguous and you have no clue what you're looking for.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 13, 2024, 07:03:02 AMDefinitely impressive.

I stopped doing Wordle mainly because I only have (or want to spend) so much time a day on these games, and Wordle was starting to get tired for me. Once in a while I still do it, but I don't bother posting.

Waffles I stopped doing altogether as it was just too easy to bother. There's basically almost zero chance of striking out in that game, which to me makes it not interesting. I like games where I have a legitimate chance of failing. Getting something right every day without fail gets boring after a while. I know the bigger waffles or waffles deluxe or whatever they call it is tougher, but it's the same idea.

With Connections, you can definitely get stumped. The only negative is sometimes when you get stumped it's because the connections are lame or you got something right but it wasn't right according to them. Still, this is by far my favorite of these games.

With strands, you're always going to get home, but it's down to how many hints you use. Getting it right with zero hints is satisfying and usually not easy as the opening tip to the category is often very ambiguous and you have no clue what you're looking for.

With Waffles my goal is five and I'll settle for four but anything less is a failure the me. That motivates me.

#waffle813 5/5

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩⭐🟩⭐🟩
🟩🟩⭐🟩🟩
🟩⭐🟩⭐🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

🔥 streak: 10
🏆 #waffleelite
wafflegame.net
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Connections
Puzzle #308
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #308
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #309
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Connections
Puzzle #309
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #310
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Caught me a couple times with the curveball early in the count.

Fkrs.

Connections
Puzzle #310
🟪🟪🟪🟨
🟪🟪🟨🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦

LennG

I think this was the first time ever I got all of them without a miss.  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #311
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 17, 2024, 07:39:38 AMConnections
Puzzle #311
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩

You're on a run!