News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT OBJ signs with Miami

Started by MightyGiants, May 03, 2024, 11:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

Quote from: AZGiantFan on May 03, 2024, 11:35:25 AMIs Odell still fast?

I don't think so.  I don't think he is slow, but he is slower than when he was a star.   He's a solid number 2 or 3 receiver (these days) in my opinion.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

Be interesting to see how the ball is spread about. There's only one of them and a lot of egos to feed.

MightyGiants

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on May 03, 2024, 11:48:21 AMBe interesting to see how the ball is spread about. There's only one of them and a lot of egos to feed.

The Dolphins lost quite a few players in free agency.  Seems a bit odd that they opted to spend money to add another WR to an already impressive WR corps.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

spiderblue43

OBJ now is in prime position for another boat party in the bay. Hello again South Beach ⛱️ 😎

T200

Quote from: spiderblue43 on May 03, 2024, 03:10:46 PMOBJ now is in prime position for another boat party in the bay. Hello again South Beach ⛱️ 😎
"Hello Yacht Club, my old friend..."  <:-P
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

B1GBLUE

honestly surprised he's still around. however, miami is a great landing place for him as they already have some really good receivers, and he wont need to be the go to guy

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

OBJ is a bit of a journeyman these days.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 04, 2024, 11:10:47 AMOBJ is a bit of a journeyman these days.

Every season, there seems to be a new bumper crop of WR prospects. That steady stream of young and cheap talent suppresses the market for aging veterans who have lost a step.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

Overall I have no bad feelings about OBJ and wish him the best. He sure seems to have matured a lot, and he prima donna we once knew is far gone. I think he is just happy to still be relevant.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Stringer Bell

I don't see OBJ having an impact. They have 2 guys who will dominate targets, they have a couple of solid slot guys in Berrios and Cracraft, and they have a legit pass catching TE in Smith.

They would have been better served spending that money on their DL.

Fletch

Quote from: AZGiantFan on May 03, 2024, 11:35:25 AMIs Odell still fast?

No. His last game with Ravens I was like "he looks like a slow old man out there."