News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

DRAFTNIKS- Tell us about a CB, RB, TE, or 3 tech DT you like

Started by MightyGiants, April 20, 2024, 10:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Tell us about one of your favorites and what round you think the Giants might be able to draft them
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

4 Aces

RB - Audric Estime, Notre Dame
Jack-hammer with a nose for the end zone. They've been missing a back like this for years. Had a private visit with the Giants.

3T - Johnny Newton, Illinois
Giants like this kid, I've heard he's a target if they trade down. Had a private visit with the Giants.

CB - Max Melton, Rutgers
Physical CB who can support vs. the run. Shows starting ability, would pair nicely with Banks. Good value in round 2. Had a private visit with the Giants.

-----------

I think at least 1 of these guys is going to end up in blue.

Jolly Blue Giant

CB Of course, Wiggins, Quinyon Mitchell, and Terrion Arnold jump out, but unless we burn our 6 spot on one of them, it's a no-go. So, realistically, Mike Sainristil and Max Melton should be available in the 2nd. I like both of them. If we wait until the third, I like Cam Hart a lot (tall and very savvy), and he'd be my choice

RB I like three of them, Trey Benson (first and foremost), then Will Shipley (poor man's McCaffrey) and Braelon Allen (think Franco Harris / Larry Csonka)...big (6'2"/240), extremely fast for a big guy (runs a 4.40)...no fancy moves, just bulldozes through people) and if he gets loose, a threat to take it to the EZ. My late round sleeper pick: Carson Steele...(big and exceptionally strong -on Freidman's Freak list for strength) - more of a FB type, but has played RB his entire career and can block

TE Brock Bowers obviously, but I don't see us going that direction. I like Theo Johnson, Ben Sinott, and Cade Stover, with a man-crush on Brevyn Spann-Ford. Both Stover and Spann-Ford led all TEs in blocking with PFF scores over 90. Johnson and Sinott can be offensive weapons; whereas, Stover and Spann-Ford fortify the OL

3T Again, the top three or four will be off the board in the first and we won't use our 6 spot on a DL'man. Anyway, I love Braden Fiske after he blew up the combine and really like Kris Jenkins. I also like Mekhi Wingo who will fall because of his size, as he doesn't fit the "body type" and is considered "too short", but he's a Tasmanian Devil in disguise. My sleeper pick here: Myles Cole, who is listed as an edge rusher rather than a 3T, but he's 6'6"/280 with long arms and a huge wingspan..and he fits the ideal 3T size and play style, while getting sacks and QB hits

Not that you asked, but one of the players I really hope the Giants get (but won't, I'm sure), is Payton Wilson. The guy is insane and would be a top 10 pick if not for early injuries in his career. I hate comparisons more than anyone, but he's not much different than Micah Parsons in size, speed, tenacity, and results...except that he is a very high character guy. He is the epitome of a player who plays to win every single snap. He's incredible
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: 4 Aces on April 20, 2024, 11:01:54 AMRB - Audric Estime, Notre Dame
Jack-hammer with a nose for the end zone. They've been missing a back like this for years. Had a private visit with the Giants.

3T - Johnny Newton, Illinois
Giants like this kid, I've heard he's a target if they trade down. Had a private visit with the Giants.

CB - Max Melton, Rutgers
Physical CB who can support vs. the run. Shows starting ability, would pair nicely with Banks. Good value in round 2. Had a private visit with the Giants.

-----------

I think at least 1 of these guys is going to end up in blue.

Estime definitely brings some impressive traits to the table, but his 4.71 40 sticks out a bit for me (in a not good way). NFL defenses are just so much quicker than college. I'd have a hard time getting behind taking him before the fifth round. Ron Dayne was faster than that (4.65).

Puffy

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 20, 2024, 11:30:00 AMEstime definitely brings some impressive traits to the table, but his 4.71 40 sticks out a bit for me (in a not good way). NFL defenses are just so much quicker than college. I'd have a hard time getting behind taking him before the fifth round. Ron Dayne was faster than that (4.65).

FYI, he ran 4.58 at his Pro Day.  He might not be a game breaker in pros but he is warrior and would be an excellent second back with Singletary

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Puffy on April 20, 2024, 11:40:16 AMFYI, he ran 4.58 at his Pro Day.  He might not be a game breaker in pros but he is warrior and would be an excellent second back with Singletary

I had forgotten that. Thanks for reminding me.

uconnjack8

Jared Wiley intrigues me.  I think he has the tools to be a red zone threat.  He has had limited opportunities in the passing game which increased when he transferred to TCU.  1 of every 6 catches was a TD. For the last two years at TCU that's 12 TDs on 71 receptions.

Heard an interview where he took responsibility for his lack of success earlier.  Mentioned that his maturity was low st Texas. 

Blocking isn't bad either.

I think he is likely an early day 3 pick.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Puffy on April 20, 2024, 11:40:16 AMFYI, he ran 4.58 at his Pro Day.  He might not be a game breaker in pros but he is warrior and would be an excellent second back with Singletary

Giants brought him in for one of their meetings

https://twitter.com/NDFootball/status/1763296442137874936
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jclayton92

Quinyon Mitchell Cb

Marshawn Lloyd RB

Darius Robinson 3T versatile

I don't like the TEs in this class and would wait for next year's so I'll throw in a dark horse late WR Dayton Wade, had the 2 best catches in college football last year and could likely be had as an undrafted FA.

Painter

While sticking to the question; if they can add one of these guys at 2 of those position on Day 2, that would be dandy.

CB: Quinyon Mitchell, Terrion Arnold, Cooper DeJean

RB: Trey Benson, Jonathan Brooks, Marshawn Lloyd

TE: Ja'Tavion Sanders, although t'would be a Day 2 surprise while a 3-tech would be an even bigger one.

As whom still is and where on Day 3 is the definition of who knows, I'll leave it those who feel otherwise.

Cheers!

bamagiantfan

I'll give you a Day 3 list.

CB - Jarius Moore, CB, Tulane (5th Round)

RB - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington - the thumper they are missing on short yardage and goal line who can help on Special Teams (6th). Blake Watson at Memphis is another who has all the tools. RBs from Memphis have performed very well at the next level historically.

TE - Tanner McLachlan, TE, Arizona - the Giants have a good group of blockers but their receiving TEs could be upgraded with Waller in limbo. I like McLauchlan a lot. (5th/6th Round)

DT - Jaden Crumedy, DT, Mississippi State. A DT/DE tweener who has the frame to add weight. Quick off the ball and was productive in college. Again, Special Teams help also as an interior rusher on kicks where he has had some success. (6th/7th Round)

I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)