News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Joe Judge not well-liked by Patriots players

Started by MightyGiants, January 31, 2023, 06:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingm56

Said it his first season; he's a gas bag.  Leaders who act like he does, with no notable achievements or practical experience, rarely succeed.  The man is walking cliché...

BlueMoshik

I still think he's not a real coach but an actor playing a coach on TV. That's what he always seemed like to me.

coggs

Quote from: kingm56 on January 31, 2023, 06:10:16 PMSaid it his first season; he's a gas bag.  Leaders who act like he does, with no notable achievements or practical experience, rarely succeed.  The man is walking cliché...
But he was teaching accountability with the laps for making mistakes.  Had to count for something, no?

Gmo11

You can probably stop this subject line before you get to "by Patriot players"

Nobody likes that guy.  Professionally speaking anyway.  Might be a perfectly decent person away from the game but as a coach he's not only terrible but he's arrogantly terrible.  No wonder Gettleman loved him so much!  It all makes sense.

MightyGiants

Quote from: BlueMoshik on February 01, 2023, 02:57:35 AMI still think he's not a real coach but an actor playing a coach on TV. That's what he always seemed like to me.

I think this is the heart of the issue.  Players are fine with tough coaches and player-friendly coaches.  What players have no use for is coaches putting on an act or who don't have the answer to their questions, or which clearly are not very good at their job.  (I posted a video of McKinney, who had some pretty damning things to say about the Judge regime)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

coggs

With Callahan going to NE, Judge will be a body who is collecting a paycheck.  If he gets fired, I think he is done coaching.  Not even sure he could get a job in college.  Head coaches won't want to deal with him. He is not going to land a spot as a head coach in a D1 program as he won't be able to recruit and not sure he has the mental make-up to coach a smaller program.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Gmo11 on February 01, 2023, 11:23:10 AMYou can probably stop this subject line before you get to "by Patriot players"

Nobody likes that guy.  Professionally speaking anyway.  Might be a perfectly decent person away from the game but as a coach he's not only terrible but he's arrogantly terrible.  No wonder Gettleman loved him so much!  It all makes sense.

I never really heard anything suggesting Gettleman got along with Judge.  If anything, I got a sense that Gettleman sort of took a step back during the Judge years and it was Judge calling most of the shots.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 01, 2023, 11:24:46 AMI never really heard anything suggesting Gettleman got along with Judge.  If anything, I got a sense that Gettleman sort of took a step back during the Judge years and it was Judge calling most of the shots.

Just another example of the chaos that existed under Gettleman/Reese.  GM and Head Coaches were never in sync.  And that was a by product of Mara controlling football operations rather than his GM.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Painter

Not surprised in the least. Nor should it make much difference whether we choose to blame Mara directly or through Gettleman, his bloviating crony, for having reached for likes of a Joe Judge. In any event, folks right here have little standing in that regard.

Thus, all our attention now should go to what quite clearly seems to have been a "Praise the Lord" they've come-to-their senses enlightenment of the Owner's for which we might now choose to claim standing.

Cheers!

DaveBrown74

I will readily admit that I bought into Judge big time in the early going. I know some fans did not believe in him from day one, and kudos to them, but I was not one of them. I also confused the Giants' "improvement" to 6-10 in 2020 with a good job by him, when in fact it was more the result of winning some close games against teams playing with backup QBs, not to mention it being an all-time horrendous year for the division.

I quickly soured on Judge in year two though. I was very unhappy with the totally unprepared way the Giants looked in week one against a mediocre-at-best Denver team, and I was unhappy with a lot of his decisions as well as his explanations for them. As painful as the last 6-7 weeks were of the 2021 season, I am glad they happened in hindsight, because had it not been quite that bad I think Mara would have kept Judge, and Daboll would have ended up somewhere else.