News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Justin Pugh back to the Giants?

Started by LennG, February 08, 2023, 04:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jclayton92

I'd be weary of any olineman that comes from Arizona.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Painter

NO! And I would have said that even if he hadn't suffered a season-ending knee injury after just 5 games played last year. And whatever he may be thinking now should we not care that he has been mulling retirement for the past couple of years? He will be 33 before the start of the season.

They should have between 7 and 9 picks from Round 3 and later to find a young LG who isn't trying to figure out whether or not he wants to play and for which team.

Pugh played half his 10 years for the Giants and is good guy but no, thank you.

Cheers!

DaveBrown74

A 33 year old guard who has had a million injuries including an ACL in October?

Let's bring back John Jerry and Patrick Omameh while we're at it!

TDToomer

Minimun salary depth lineman? Hell yes. 
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Jclayton92

I'm of the mindset we don't need a guard, I think it'll be one of the lower priorities in the draft/FA. Brederson/Ezeudu on the left and Glow/Mckethan on the right. I think getting a good center fixes all of the interior issues. Because Brederson and Ezeudu are under contract for cheap and glow is a steady RG that got stuck between Feliciano and a rookie tackle. I think you add in a a good Center and the entire line jumps up into the top 10-15 lines in the NFL.

coggs

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on February 09, 2023, 12:20:55 PMI'm of the mindset we don't need a guard, I think it'll be one of the lower priorities in the draft/FA. Brederson/Ezeudu on the left and Glow/Mckethan on the right. I think getting a good center fixes all of the interior issues. Because Brederson and Ezeudu are under contract for cheap and glow is a steady RG that got stuck between Feliciano and a rookie tackle. I think you add in a a good Center and the entire line jumps up into the top 10-15 lines in the NFL.

I am with you Jess.  We invested in filling both guards last year.  Let them season a bit more and focus on a good center.

Sem

I'd prefer we not hope that the past gets us there, but that looking forward does. Thanks but no thanks to Justin Pugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD6_D6sWDmM

squibber

No. I'd rather watch a Durwood Kirby biography.

Stringer Bell

I'm not sure that Pugh is the right one, but I'm totally onboard with bringing in a cheap, reliable vet on a 1-year deal to compete with Eze.

While my preference is to get both a starting OC and OG from the draft and free agency, it's possible we might end up with only one. And my guess is they prioritize center.

In that event, I'm fine keeping that spot in flux one more year. If Eze develops, problem solved. If not, it's a priority next offseason, especially with the other OG spot opening up.

Trench

Thankfully Schoen will decide and not us. If he's good then it's worth a shot

spiderblue43

Not much tread left on that tire...so no. Center is a big priority first ..whether in FA or the draft. Look no further than the Eagles with Kelce-what he has done for years as a future HOF member. Guards can be had in the draft.