News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Ben Bredeson has not be specifically asked to train at center

Started by MightyGiants, March 27, 2023, 01:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 28, 2023, 09:08:35 AMOR is he creating that impression so as not to tip off their intentions moving forward?
Perhaps
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

nb587

On the Giants Insider podcast, Sy, the guest, pretty much said that he didn't see any of the centers as being 1st round material.  And, he expected the Giants to address center on the 3rd or 4th round. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: nb587 on March 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AMOn the Giants Insider podcast, Sy, the guest, pretty much said that he didn't see any of the centers as being 1st round material.  And, he expected the Giants to address center on the 3rd or 4th round. 

I agree with him about round one talent.  I don't feel like NYG will wait to round 3 or 4, unless they add a veteran center in the draft.   I am thinking Ohio center Wypler in round two is a strong possibility.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 28, 2023, 08:52:12 AMHe basically said he doesn't put great value on the position. Like snapping the ball is the only value.
Ed: I didn't read it that way, although I do understand why you said it.

In a sense, his remarks sound as though a good center is hiding under every rock and in every trash can.

I think the intent, rather, was to emphasize that it's a process which is not near being completed, and to suggest waiting until (roughly) the preseason games to decide if he had properly done the job of providing at least an adequate player to man the position.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on March 28, 2023, 10:37:58 AMEd: I didn't read it that way, although I do understand why you said it.

In a sense, his remarks sound as though a good center is hiding under every rock and in every trash can.

I think the intent, rather, was to emphasize that it's a process which is not near being completed, and to suggest waiting until (roughly) the preseason games to decide if he had properly done the job of providing at least an adequate player to man the position.

Bob

I just hope this isn't a repeat of Gettleman's "obviously we think better of our offensive line than you do" blunder
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE