News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Joe Schoen is becoming the best GM in the NFL ?

Started by brownelvis54, September 01, 2023, 01:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

Where would you rank him as of now? out of the other 31 GMs

4 reasons Joe Schoen is becoming the best GM in the NFL

1. Putting together the right coaching staff

2. Getting things done with key playmakers

3. Brilliant trades this offseason

4. Youth movement for the NY Giants

https://gmenhq.com/posts/ny-giants-joe-schoen-becoming-best-gm-nfl-01h8mst9pg4e

The KING is in the building

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

I have to answer TBD (to be determined).   The draft is an important part of a GM's job and I am not sure what we have in Joe's first two drafts (although I am feeling better about his second one than his first one).
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DragonSoul

Looking good/promising, but need a bit more time. Just like a player or coach. Rarely can you go by a year or two and know.

True Blue

Slugsy-Narrows

We will know in the next 2-3 years.

By then his first 2 draft classes will be looking at being signed to 2nd contract.

By then his coaching staff will have been poached if he is doing well.  Who does he replace them with.

jimc

Got a way to go.  Let's see playoff's several years in a row.  Let's see a couple of Super Bowls.
- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

RelaxTension

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 01, 2023, 01:46:16 PMI have to answer TBD (to be determined).   The draft is an important part of a GM's job and I am not sure what we have in Joe's first two drafts (although I am feeling better about his second one than his first one).

Exactly how I feel but got blasted by a handful out here for still not trusting him and his draft picks.
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 01, 2023, 01:46:16 PMI have to answer TBD (to be determined).   The draft is an important part of a GM's job and I am not sure what we have in Joe's first two drafts (although I am feeling better about his second one than his first one).

Which is reason for optimism since his first draft necessarily was largely based on the prior regime's scouting structure.  As he continues to revamp it it should improve.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

DaveBrown74

He has a chance to be based on what I'm seeing, but we're not there yet, and we're not close either. To be the best GM in the NFL you need an extended period of sustained excellence. Schoen has put together one 9-7-1 season so far and is just entering his second year. He's doing a great job, and things are clearly heading in the right direction, but best GM in the NFL? Not yet. That is something that has to be proven through results, and he simply has not had the time to this point to do that.

Philosophers

In my life, I have never had as much trust in a Giants GM as Joe Schoen and that includes George Young.

He seems to tell it like it is.  He collaborates with others, accepts ideas from others and has out together an entire org that is making great decisions.  He'll get rewarded with a SB.