News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Kayvon Thibodeaux AND Evan Neal should there be concern?

Started by brownelvis54, September 10, 2023, 10:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Parsons is the sort of player that even someone who knows almost nothing about football notices right away. Thibodeaux is not. Not yet anyway. And Parsons was like that from day one.

I will say though, Parsons is very special. Probably the most similar player to LT we have seen since LT played. Thibodeaux does not need to be at that level for him to justify his pick. Guys like Parsons don't come around often.

brownelvis54

Carl Banks Slams Critics of Giants' Potential Draft 'Bust'

Carl Banks isn't having any of the idea Kayvon Thibodeaux is a draft "bust." Instead, Banks believes the New York Giants' outside linebacker's role is misunderstood by critics who shouldn't judge Thibodeaux the same as Dallas Cowboys' edge-rusher Micah Parsons.

Banks, who won two Super Bowls with the Giants playing the same position as Thibodeaux, explained to Bob Papa on an episode of the "Bleav in Giants" podcast how the critics "don't know what he's (Thibodeaux) being asked to do."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/carl-banks-slams-critics-of-giants-potential-draft-bust/ar-AA1gXWme?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9083d61891024430abfae3efad1e3a2a&ei=11#comments
The KING is in the building

AZGiantFan

It's funny how pff gets criticized for grading players without knowing what their assignment is, but if Banks is right, a lot of fans are doing the same thing with Thibs.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Dgoodmantrublu

He called out PFF for not know what they are grading on during the podcast he does with Papa.

Quote from: AZGiantFan on September 19, 2023, 10:52:20 PMIt's funny how pff gets criticized for grading players without knowing what their assignment is, but if Banks is right, a lot of fans are doing the same thing with Thibs.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on September 19, 2023, 11:00:10 PMHe called out PFF for not know what they are grading on during the podcast he does with Papa.

I didn't know that, I only watched part of it.  But if Banks and I think alike either I should feel good or he should feel worried.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

RelaxTension

Quote from: AZGiantFan on September 19, 2023, 10:52:20 PMIt's funny how pff gets criticized for grading players without knowing what their assignment is, but if Banks is right, a lot of fans are doing the same thing with Thibs.
If the defense was playing much better there would be a lot less complaints about the 5th pick of the draft who's assignments apparently call for him to not be noticed.
I love Banks and think he should be in HoF because he was making plays on a defense that was stopping teams on 3rd down. If this team starts to do that then it won't be such an issue if it takes Thibs a few years to become an all pro player.
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..