News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Chargers could have hired Brian Daboll instead of Brandon Staley

Started by MightyGiants, December 15, 2023, 09:18:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

There's no comeback for Brandon Staley after this epic bust in Vegas

Chargers' jaw-dropping 63-21 defeat to the Raiders should spell the end for this coaching regime

https://sports.yahoo.com/theres-no-comeback-for-brandon-staley-after-this-epic-bust-in-vegas-053429275.html
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

What a disgrace that game was. The Chargers are a joke this year.

I also think Pierce is doing everything he can to win Mark Davis over and secure the full time HC job after this season. Davis pretty much publicly said he regretted not giving it to Bisaccia after Bisaccia took them to the playoffs and that he doesn't want to make the same mistake again if Pierce is genuinely deserving.

spiderblue43

That loss ended his Charger career..if there was any doubt before This franchise has always been an enigma; sometimes loaded with talent that always get grounded.

Last night was a resounding "we quit" against Brandon. Can you say beleaguered coach now? That's the proverbial nail in the coffin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: spiderblue43 on December 15, 2023, 09:30:15 AMThat loss ended his Charger career..if there was any doubt before This franchise has always been an enigma; sometimes loaded with talent that always get grounded.

Last night was a resounding "we quit" against Brandon. Can you say beleaguered coach now? That's the proverbial nail in the coffin

He's been such a disaster (and not just this year) that he will probably struggle to even get a coordinator job. Might take him a couple years, if he gets one at all. He may have to settle for some sort of defensive assistant type job or go be a college DC.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 15, 2023, 09:31:47 AMHe's been such a disaster (and not just this year) that he will probably struggle to even get a coordinator job. Might take him a couple years, if he gets one at all. He may have to settle for some sort of defensive assistant type job or go be a college DC.

Considering Brandon Staley's background is on the defensive side and the Chargers defense has been even worse than their offense, I have to agree.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

SlotCorner

I don't like the Raiders, but its hard not to root for Antonio Pierce. He played with a lot of heart here, one of the best FA signings we had while Eli was here.

Brooklyn Dave

I think Jim Harbaugh would be an excellent choice if he wants to leave Michigan . Maybe Dan Quinn DC for the Cowboys . I don't know if Bellichick wants to continue coaching or whether  he would be given complete control. He would have a top rated QB in Justin  Herbert though

Gmo11

This is what that team looks like when Herbert is dragging those bums to respectability!  That team is hot garbage.  Happy for Antonio Pierce though.  I'll always be rooting for that guy...except when he's coaching against the Giants of course.  They better give him that damn job full time after the season by the way.

DaveBrown74

I suspect if Harbaugh comes to the NFL he'll want to go to a team that is a bit more well set up than the Raiders. Just a hunch. I could be wrong.

spiderblue43

Staley and the gm fired. Not surprising

Should have done it last year

:surrender:

Puffy

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on December 15, 2023, 10:18:27 AMI don't know if Bellichick wants to continue coaching or whether  he would be given complete control. He would have a top rated QB in Justin  Herbert though

Yup. I read somewhere that if Bob Kraft does not want to "fire" Belicheck he could look to trade him (that is if there is demand for a 71 year old coach).  The Chargers are team and market that could do that trade.  Belicheck could bring excitement to LA

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 15, 2023, 10:38:12 AMI suspect if Harbaugh comes to the NFL he'll want to go to a team that is a bit more well set up than the Raiders. Just a hunch. I could be wrong.

As a Michigan fan it concerns me when major West Coast head coaching job opps open up because I think JH likes the lifestyle there.  Michigan is working in a massive contract to raise his comp and extend him longer.  He wants to win it all in college for sure but think he also wants a Lombardi badly.  He'll be successful wherever he goes.

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 15, 2023, 10:38:12 AMI suspect if Harbaugh comes to the NFL he'll want to go to a team that is a bit more well set up than the Raiders. Just a hunch. I could be wrong.

I was referring to The Chargers not the Raiders .