News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Daboll sees Flott as the favorite for CB2

Started by MightyGiants, May 11, 2024, 01:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Pat Leonard
@PLeonardNYDN
Brian Daboll, asked about the outside corner spot opposite Deonte Banks, says he's eager to see guys compete on the field in spring and camp, but adds: "I've got a lot of confidence in Flott" #Giants

https://x.com/PLeonardNYDN/status/1789320150958604671
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Wow, it looks like Dabes lost a lot more weight than the 35 lbs I've heard he lost. Looks more like 60 lbs
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jclayton92

That's who I have had penciled in as cb2 all offseason so nor really a surprise for me as it is to others.

Philosophers

Flott is rail thin.  Good for DeVonta Smith but not big WR

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on May 11, 2024, 02:50:15 PMFlott is rail thin.  Good for DeVonta Smith but not big WR

Flott's 4.52 40 time is also a bit on the slow side by CB standards.

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 11, 2024, 03:04:35 PMFlott's 4.52 40 time is also a bit on the slow side by CB standards.

Maybe not strong enough to press and tie up then recover to chase.

Ed Vette

Flott is a backup at best on a good team. I'm putting my money on Hawkins having a breakout season.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 11, 2024, 04:10:17 PMFlott is a backup at best on a good team. I'm putting my money on Hawkins having a breakout season.

I also believe Hawkins starts when the season starts.

MightyGiants

Q. How do you feel about that cornerback spot on the outside opposite Tae Banks?

BRIAN DABOLL: Look forward to working in phase three and training camp. But I've got a lot of confidence in (Cor'Dale) Flott.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Flott has had 3 years to add muscle and weight. Yet, he is still being judged by his 19-year-old college body. That's the one thing that never gets fixed on the internet...they stick with the last documented weight, speed, strength, etc., which usually comes from the combine or the player's pro-day. Virtually none of the guys at 25/26 could duplicate the numbers they put up in a combine (except strength). Three years in the NFL changes a player in every way imaginable. And speed doesn't get better; however, ability to anticipate and read what is unfolding during a play gets much better

Flott has good instincts and has a football mind. Give him a chance to prove himself before relying on college data that no longer applies. Pretty much dittos with every player in the NFL. Hence the reason so many players who get drafted fail in the NFL...they didn't prepare themselves physically, mentally, and possess the personal drive for taking the next step in their athletic career...and it's a damn big step
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Philosophers

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on Today at 01:47:47 PMFlott has had 3 years to add muscle and weight. Yet, he is still being judged by his 19-year-old college body. That's the one thing that never gets fixed on the internet...they stick with the last documented weight, speed, strength, etc., which usually comes from the combine or the player's pro-day. Virtually none of the guys at 25/26 could duplicate the numbers they put up in a combine (except strength). Three years in the NFL changes a player in every way imaginable. And speed doesn't get better; however, ability to anticipate and read what is unfolding during a play gets much better

Flott has good instincts and has a football mind. Give him a chance to prove himself before relying on college data that no longer applies. Pretty much dittos with every player in the NFL. Hence the reason so many players who get drafted fail in the NFL...they didn't prepare themselves physically, mentally, and possess the personal drive for taking the next step in their athletic career...and it's a damn big step

On Giants.com he is listed at 6'2" and 175 pounds.  Not a better source than that.  That's rail thin.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Philosophers on Today at 08:25:41 PMOn Giants.com he is listed at 6'2" and 175 pounds.  Not a better source than that.  That's rail thin.
He added 10lbs after his rookie year from 165 to 175 then an additional 4 each of the following 2 years. Currently he's 3 inches taller than Adoree Jackson and 2-3lbs lighter.

I saw a YT video on Flotts body transformation from college to the NFL and it was discussed how he added 18lbs over 3 years without taking anything away from him speed wise. I'll try to find the video but hopefully that helps give you an idea of where he's at physically.