News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Dan Duggan's day two thoughts

Started by MightyGiants, April 26, 2024, 03:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21
Thoughts heading into Day 2:

• The Giants absolutely should not draft a QB tonight. If they couldn't add a game-changer in the first round, there's no reason to use a later pick on a prospect who won't be a clear upgrade on what they have. They went BPA in the first round. Continue with that philosophy to build the best roster possible. The future at QB will be addressed in 2025.

• Schoen mentioned adding picks or trading up. Trading up would be a tough sell. As Schoen continues to say, there's plenty of holes on the roster. They only have five picks remaining. Not sure they're in position to reduce their swings by giving up picks in a trade. If they trade back, I'd be aiming for 2025 picks. They're going to need as much ammo as possible next year.

• I can't imagine the Giants double-dipping at WR, so they should be rooting for a run on the position at the start of the second round to push other players toward 47.

• Looking for possible Day 2 targets: Focus on players from big schools. Schoen's picks in the first three rounds as GM have all been from power conferences (if they still exist). Would be surprised by a swing on a small-school guy tonight.

• I don't think the Giants should be in a rush to trade Darius Slayton — it's OK to have multiple good players at a position. But if his unhappiness with his contract turns into a trade request, the Giants would have to be open to moving him if they can get a mid-round pick.

• Schoen has added some players with promise on Day 2 in the past, but be needs to crush it today. There's nothing that says you can't land a guy on Day 2 who is an immediate stud.
3:00 PM · Apr 26, 2024
·
 Views

https://x.com/DDuggan21/status/1783934262711910617
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

I completely agree (which means nothing in the grand scheme of things), and I believe he makes sense. The only QB I can see that needs a lot of polish, but seems to have the intangibles, comes from a small school... Michael Pratt (Tulane). He'd need a couple of years of top-notch coaching and high level seasoning to even know if he could cut it in the NFL. High risk, low reward??? I don't know. Not to mention (as pointed out in other threads), so many QB needy teams got one to try out for a couple of years that the competition in 2025 for QBs should be minimal if we so choose to go QB shopping

I like the idea of standing pat and taking BPA. We are not going for the Lombardi this year, so we need to stock up with high-quality players for when we are ready to make the run for the gold
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Philosophers

Trading back from 47 does not feel good.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Philosophers on April 26, 2024, 04:12:00 PMTrading back from 47 does not feel good.
I'd rather them go up than down quality over quantity